This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Gonna get a new one...

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Gonna get a new one...

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:50 pm

OK it's not a Cub.

But I've been looking for a larger tractor to maintain a 10 acre hobby farm my wife and I are purchasing. Been fun looking but frustrating to find anything I can afford.

My dad finnally decided he was almost done with his Ford 640! For past years he has only used it to plow/till his garden in the spring and fall.

He decided to have a much smaller garden, so told me he would sell me (cheap) the tractor after he tills next spring.

The old 640 is pretty homely but runs like a champ. Comes with bushhog mower, two bottom plow, back blade and tiller. Should be a great set up for the new place. And someday I can get it cleaned up and painted and have a great memento from my Dad for years :o .

Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:27 pm

Hey Guy,

If your father is able and wants to, get him involved in the project. It will do as much for him as it will for you. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Fri Nov 12, 2004 5:29 pm

Guy, I have a Ford 641 that my grandfather bought new in 1961. Here's a pic of it w/2 others, including the PK I had before I got my Cub. I, too, will never get rid of it cause of it's meaning to me.

These Fords are great tractors. Almost as good as a Cub! (thought that would be a diplomatic thing to say here)
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:37 pm

Cub-bud
I really wish it where possible. But my dad lives down in Iowa (where I grew up) and I'm 300 mile north in MN.

I know Dad would enjoy it. I think he would have liked to have the tractor fixed up so HE could have been proud of it the last few years. What I would really like to do is get it fixed up then haul it down there so he could do his plowing and tilling.

He has never even seen my Cub. Wish I had a plow for it, I would show up next spring and plow the garden with it :o. I know Dad would tease about the lack of power, (he already has) But I also know if I asked if he wanted a try at it, he would not so gingerly be tugging me out of the seat :lol:

I have seen plows around but I don't have the (sorry, don't remember the correct name) long shafts that go from the back to the lift.

It would be fun.

Guy

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:31 am

Shoppin'
I could loan you mine next spring if you wanted. You could even borrow it this winter so you could have one made up. I hang my idiot sign (smv) on it in the winter when I move snow. Let me know, I know we can't be to far apart.
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:51 am

Jeff,

I have a 64? ford industrial 2000 with the four cylinder diesel that I use to do the road, keep the runoff water headed in the right direction and keep the horse area clean. It looks like your 641 just yellow blue and red. I've been wondering if they are worth anytning?
Always try the easiest thing first.

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:22 am

farmallcub49

Maybe!
If nothing else, we should get together and you could show me what all I needed, (attachment parts for a plow and such) and I could start looking a little more over the winter.

I am down south of the cities. I think you are north and west of the cities are you not?

Guy

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:36 am

Yes, I am near St. Cloud. I don't have an actual plow though, but it sounds like you have one and only need the rear lift portion. Or do you only need actual Lifting rockshaft?
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:14 pm

No I don't have any of it. I had said that I have seen plows for sale, but I know I need more parts than just the plow.

I have the draw bar and the tractor has lift but just the small "L" shapes on either side. I don't have the long shafts that go to the back. Sorry, I don't know the correct termanolgy. :oops:

Guy

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:59 pm

Guy:

Couple things. I am assuming that yours is a Farmall and not a Lo-Boy. If that is so, then the plow you will want is the Cub-193 Moldboard Plow.

Manual is on the server along with the setting up instructions.

There are a couple of ways to do this.

First, for either method you do need a depth adjusting lever. That should be anywhere from $50.00 to $75.00 as an average and should be readily available.

John or Tom probably have them, and I think John at JP would be closer to you.

Second, the master control lever is an option, and if you do not have touch control, it is the only option.

This too should be anywhere from $50.00 to $75.00 as an average and should be readily available.

If you have the touch control then the part you need is the rock shaft lift rod. Again, should be readily available, and I would think around $50.00 should be fair.

Not sure whether you need the straight or the offset. Have a boo in the parts manuals for that info.

Also, if you do not have the rear rockshaft, then you may need this part as well:

Thanks for reminding me Dan :!:

Hope this is of some help. Questions, ask away. I have the 193 and a bunch of stuff for the plows, so pics, measurements etc., should be no problem.
Last edited by Rudi on Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:02 pm

Guy: I believe that the item you need is the rear rockshaft. The rear rockshaft bolts to the tractor just behind the shift lever. The long rod connects the front rockshaft to the rear one. If you purchase one you need to determine whether you need the straight or the offset rod. TMTractor usually has used ones and you might check with them. Dan

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:00 am

Brent Duxbury wrote:Jeff,

I have a 64? ford industrial 2000 with the four cylinder diesel that I use to do the road, keep the runoff water headed in the right direction and keep the horse area clean. It looks like your 641 just yellow blue and red. I've been wondering if they are worth anytning?

4-cyl diesel? Runs? Hmmm, a safe guess would be that it's worth "a ton."
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:55 pm

Thanks Rudi (and others!)

Yea I need ALL OF THE ABOVE :o :lol:

Well I'll start writing my letter to Santa. Or better yet , mabe I'll just forward Rudi's post :lol:

Anyone have Santa's email??

Wait I had a better idea. Wife LOVES the idea of me going down in the spring to plow Dad's garden... Find another Cubby that HAS all or most of this stuff, tell wife it's a parts tractor (that just happens to run good :wink: ) and be good to go next spring!!!

Still shopp'n

Guy

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:16 pm

Shopp'n Cubs wrote:
Find another Cubby that HAS all or most of this stuff, tell wife it's a parts tractor (that just happens to run good :wink: ) and be good to go next spring!!!

Still shopp'n

Guy

A man from my own heart and to think I THOUGHT I was the only one to come up these really well thought out ideas LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

John

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:04 pm

That's how i got Missy. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”