This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH auction treasures

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

IH auction treasures

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:01 pm

Saw 2 molboard plows sell that had 2 piece points on them. All the ones i'd ever dealt with had a one piece point. One of them came home with me (no depth lever, so it sold cheap).

Also bought a rotay mower (type unknown) that had been modified to use on a cub, but didn't look like a very good setup. I bought it for the new idler pulleys on it. If anyone knows what it fits, or wants it, you can have the rest. It has a serial tag, but the stamped 9 digit serial number is all that's readable, the manufacturer can't be determined.

I also bought a sickle moer that is on the for sale/wanted board.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby farmallcub49 » Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:59 pm

John,

Is that a cadet deck or am I just seeing a similarity? How big is it?
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:00 pm

What price did the two-bottom plow for the B Farmall fetch :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Nov 14, 2004 8:02 pm

I have one similar to that (not quite the same) that has been modified to fit a wide frame cub cadet. It is a Jacobsen.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:18 pm

That plow has a "Plow Chief" bottom. They used the two piece share with the Spear-Head point. Came out in the '50s. The Super Chief bottoms came out later, I think the early '60s?

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:36 pm

Bud, I missed whne that one sold, but will see what I can find out.

Cub49, it looks like a cadet, but not quite. I think Bigdog probably has it correct.

Super A, thanks. there are a lot of the others around here, but that's a new style to me. My old one is pretty badly worn, and I bought that to replace it. May pur my old one up for sale.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”