This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

taking hood off

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bjgravley
10+ Years
10+ Years

taking hood off

Postby bjgravley » Sun Nov 14, 2004 9:55 pm

i'm replacing the screws on the hood and found a leak in the outside fin of the radiator so i had to take the outside support off ,so i had to take the hood off, i use the cub so mush that i can't leave it down for long ,but while i have the hood off i would like to do as most as possible, i'm planing on replacing the top radiator hose and spark plugs does anyone else have any ideas on what needs to be done while i have the hood off, i'm thinking that i remember a postthat talked about cleaning a line to the gov. to inprove horsepower any thoughts would be great thanks, and everbody have a great week

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:06 pm

Oil the generator.

Make sure the fan hub has the proper amount of oil in it.

Get some lube onto the L shaped part the upper end of the governor spring is hooked to. Spraying some WD-40 is the easiest way to get something on it.

Check and adjust the belts.

Slappy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Slappy » Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:26 am

Might check the generator while the hood is off.

TBAR
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TBAR » Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:37 am

Take the radiator off and send it to the shop to be cleaned and repaired. I had to replace mine as it was too rotten to fix.

TBAR
IH2444 & 1949 Farmall Cub

Return to “Farmall Cub”