This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

food plots

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

food plots

Postby Ron Luebke » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:41 pm

we got six food plots planted today, hopefully the rain shall come soon. peas, turnips, rye, buckwheat, winter wheat, clover and various seed were planted. shot the lime and triple 13 to it. we'll wait for it to get up some and give it a lil amonia nitrate to kick it in the seat of the pants. bring on hunting season and cooler weather. love fall of the year , hunting and tractor shows. :D
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Billy Fussell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75959

Re: food plots

Postby Billy Fussell » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:49 am

We plant something kind of like that around here. Peas, rye, and greens. And if the deer don't eat it up, we move in and pick it and eat it.

Billy

LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Postby LiL' Red » Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:03 pm

Winter oats is much more palatable to deer than wheat or rye at least in my plots, might want to give them a try. Our deer also won't eat chickory! They insist on winter oats and Alsike clover[ in separate plots].

Miss Farmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30102
eBay ID: staasee
Tractors Owned: no Cub : (

Postby Miss Farmall » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:04 pm

no rain but hope it is growing big and tall so you can get papa grump a big deer! :thumbsup:
Just call me coconut... Blonde on the inside!
I'd suggest you just stop talking and walk away lest I forget I was raised to be a lady.

stickler1212
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby stickler1212 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:14 am

I planted dwarf essex rape this year and they absolutely tore it up. Very easy to grow. After the first frost got on it they loved it

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:37 am

I planted white clover and deer plot grass plus i'm planting fruit trees too. My property is a highway like I95 the deer actually move out of the bottom land across the street to go to the higher ground behind my house into the water shed land. One night i had 9 deer hitting my cracked corn in the moonlite with the snow cover and seeing them was awesome. I have only seen the tracks before and this time i've even seen the babies too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

ToddW
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 54911
Tractors Owned: -
1951 F-Cub
1960 Yellow Loboy
Despeeder, FH Rototiller, / FH York Rake, FH plow, 152 Disk plow, Woods brush mower, Wagner Loader, Grader Blades, 23-A Disc Harrow. Spike tooth harrow
FORD JUBILEE with Sherman 12-speed
1953 Ford F-100 Jubilee
Cadet 108 with mower and snow thrower -Cadet 1650 with deck and thrower
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby ToddW » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:11 pm

I planted clover and rye grass last fall. The deer gobbled it up before the rut hit! this was last August when i planted it, with a 6 wheel ATV for the machine. Iwas only able to manage about 1/2 total before I wore out. thats why I bought my first tractor, my Cub! I hope to plant close to 2 acres this year so maybe they wont hit the small patch so hard. I might try fencing some off to save it for the rut.

I also have planted 10 6 foot high apple trees, And plenty of acorn and maples, willow for(for fast growing future stands) on my 40

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Mr E » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:09 am

Ron Luebke wrote:we got six food plots planted today, hopefully the rain shall come soon. peas, turnips, rye, buckwheat, winter wheat, clover and various seed were planted. shot the lime and triple 13 to it. we'll wait for it to get up some and give it a lil amonia nitrate to kick it in the seat of the pants. bring on hunting season and cooler weather. love fall of the year , hunting and tractor shows. :D

Hey dude! It's getting time you were thinking about food plots for the Luebke not-so-minifest again. :{_}: :{_}:
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”