This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Item on eBay

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Sat Nov 20, 2004 12:32 am

How odd, Rudi just mentioned this the other night while talking on the phone with me. Rudi expressed his concern about this happening.

Rudi and many others has put in so much time and effort, getting these manuals scanned, and then a site to host it just for everyone to use and learn from, just so some jerk can download them and burn them onto a CD and sell and make good money for someone elses hard work.

I guess some people will do anything to make a buck. I don't know about most of you, but when I was restoring my Cub, I don't think I could have got mine finshed without the help of Rudi's manuals and this forum.

I'm with Ron, I sure hope this isn't one of our own memebers here. I truthfully don't think it would be.

I only wish that I could contribute as much as Rudi and several others have to this site and the Cub community.

John Niekamp

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:07 am

Why don't one of you guys that have the right connections turn the seller in to international for sell copy right material.
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Nov 20, 2004 10:44 am

I guess one way to do it would be to buy it and then leave negative feedback stating the files were pirated from the website. Would probably cut into his future sales on all items.

Regarding turning him into Navstar, That may turn into a double edge sword. I wonder if Rudi's site may be borderline. Copyright laws don't only state reproducing for profit, but also cover reproduction and distribution.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WJ » Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:03 am

I'm sure a guy like this doesn't leave feedback until he gets his first. So if you leave him a negative the bidder would get one also. And he would still have $30.00 after the shipping.
If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use duct tape.

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28001

Postby Jim Hudson » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:11 pm

3:08 Eastern time and less than one day to bid and no bidders. I believe most who shop for Cub parts on e-bay have found this board. And know the facts.
Young man for work, old man for advice

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:01 pm

The shipping cost is where the profit is at.Any amount it sells for is additional gravy. The latest rage on Ebay is sell for next to nothing and charge heavy on shipping to aviod sellers fees.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:09 pm

I bought 2 carb kits from nosih. He charged me $4.00 for S&H. When I recieved the box the postage alone was $4.30. Not everyone is out to make money on shipping. 8)

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Harold R » Sat Nov 20, 2004 7:26 pm

Donny sent me a carb kit, and didn't charge me anything!! 8) 8)
Some folks are just plane nice. 8) 8) 8) 8)
You knew I would find the internet, even though my feet are wet, didn't you Donny????

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:06 pm

hr's49cub wrote:Donny sent me a carb kit, and didn't charge me anything!! 8) 8)
Some folks are just plane nice. 8) 8) 8) 8)

:cry: You are lucky, He never sends me nothing but a hard time. :cry:

I guess I am kinda lucky also cause he has never charged me anything for it yet. I am gonna just have to toughen up an grow some thick skin that will repel his ridicule. :cry:
Then came Bronson

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:06 pm

Harold wrote:
You knew I would find the internet, even though my feet are wet, didn't you Donny????

Scary statement, for a pilot :!: :lol: :lol: 8)

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sat Nov 20, 2004 8:35 pm

I should have mentioned that Harold was kind enough to give me a set of front cultivators, and store them for me until I can pick them up 8)

JB wrote:
You are lucky, He never sends me nothing but a hard time. I guess I am kinda lucky also cause he has never charged me anything for it yet.

JB,
Just wait :!: I sent the invoice yesterday :!: Big $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :lol: :lol: 8)

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Hudson » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:07 pm

The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3854965898

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:13 pm

Jim Hudson wrote:The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.

Jim,

Do you suppose it was because we did our job? I know there is no way to know for sure, but I'd like to think so.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:15 pm

Jim Hudson wrote:The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale.

:P Do you suppose that one or all of you fellers that wrote to him scared him off with questions that he did not want to hear?. (HOPE~SO) :twisted:
Then came Bronson

Jim Hudson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Hudson » Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:26 pm

He never replied to my 2 e-mails either. E-Bay has a policy about selling copyright items. I think Rudi should password protect his info. I don't know how he could do that but I bet he does. George I hope you are feeling better. I call your and Rudi's name out every time I pray. You can come down and help me work on my Cub. When I apply the left brake something sounds bad. Checked the band and drum all ok. When I fixed it up I only looked it the trans and rear end to see if the teeth were all still on and installed new seals. This Cub could not have been used anymore wore out than it was. It was used to grade the fill dirt in big plants by a contractor. I guess I will go into the trans. this winter. Low and reverse must be used up.

Return to “Farmall Cub”