This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

47 Cub restoration

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
nenenick
10+ Years
10+ Years

47 Cub restoration

Postby nenenick » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:41 am

Hi everyone, I have been dismantaling my cub for restoration. It has been going quite slow, I seem to occationally hit snags in the process! Almost there though, my problem right now is trying to remove the floor pan off of the brake pedal shaft! I've heated the pedal and have applied penetration fluids to it in trying to remove it , but won't slide off the shaft! The locking screw has been removed and I have been able to rotate it , but cannot slide it off!! :x Have anyone else had this problem? What did you do to remove? Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:21 pm

HEAT AND BEAT, HEAT AND BEAT, HEAT AND BEAT :!: :!: :!:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:50 pm

Nick,

Those pedals NEVER come off easily. Heat will definitely help, but beating - at least on the shaft, will cause more problems. Most likely beating is part of your problem, since it tends to upset the shaft and make it even larger.

Since you have it loose enough to rotate on the shaft your next step should be to file the shaft outboard of the pedal to reduce its' diameter slightly.

Just think how much better you will feel after you've won this one! :D :D
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:58 pm

nenenick,

Do not beat the end of the shaft as this will mushroom the end and make your job more difficult. If the pedal will rotate on the shaft I would try to push the pedal further on to the shaft and then use a file to clean up the end of the shaft 8)

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:06 pm

I had that same frustrating problem BIGTIME. I was exactly at the same point you are at now. As George suggested file the end down to smooth. I did that to the point that I could not feel any ridge or swelling and it still would not come off. Finally I mustered all My patience and used some emery cloth tape and kept working on it until it came off. What a relief after 2-days of frustration. It is amazing to me of the close tolerances these Cubs hold after all these years of use. :{_}:
Then came Bronson

Return to “Farmall Cub”