This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Brought Home Number 2 This Weekend

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374
Circle of Safety: Y

Brought Home Number 2 This Weekend

Postby farmallcub49 » Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:27 pm

I never thought I would drive 1300 miles to retreive a Cub, but I did. Ma and I, (She fell in love with it immediately thank goodness) drove to Michigan this weekend to pick up Stubby, a '58 Cub LoBoy. We recieved many attachments with it.
It looks good from a distance, although it is painted wrong. It ran great when I it picked up, but now it's giving me electrial troubles. The way the wiring looks, a fire is seconds from breaking out. The tie rods look like spaghetti. Some paint chipped away and there appeared to be yellow underneath. I looked at some photos in my second bible, Ken Updikes Cub and Cub Cadet book and sure enough the International hood emblems on the sides look just like the yellow cubs. Some one please correct me if I am wrong.
Also the fast hitch looked funny to me, the leveling crank was on the right side, not the left. Every photo I have ever seen the leveling link is on the left. Did IH ever produce them this way or has a previous owner for some reason reasembled it backwards? Another problem with the fast hitch is, I believe the PO had jammed a larger sized prong in there jamming it up. I hope it can come out without too much headache.

Even though there is all these minor problems, it looks great and I can't wait to put her to work pushing snow! Here's a link to some various photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=5773037&uid=2547102&members=1
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:28 pm

I wouldn't worry about the paint being wrong...it looks really good the way it is. NICE looking lo-boy :!: 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Nov 21, 2004 10:33 pm

F.C.49,

It's a nice looking Cub. Actually comparatively pretty good looking tie rods. :lol: I'm sure it was worth the trip.

Here's the '58 Lo-boy, "Shorty" I bought for my wife last spring. It had regulation messed up tie rods, among other things... note that the axles are even adjusted differently :cry: . It looked so terrible that I bought it at a good price at a consignment sale. Other than the ugly axle and grille, it's a really nice tractor and only needs paint, drawbar, and battery box.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:46 pm

George,

Looks kinda like mine did. Appears to be all there and really in decent shape. Must have been a common thing for these tie rods to be bent up and twisted. I think they use the ones one mine for anchor points for they were bent outwards. Hey George, are these styles of seats hard to find? I just put on a universal padded seat on mine. I would like to locate an original if possible.

FarmallCub49,

I agree with Cub-Bud, Stubby looks real nice from here too, I can't see a trace of the yellow paint at all. I know one thing I sure would like to have one of them front mount blades for my Lo-Boy. Especailly since I don't have the 8N with the rear balde now and we are have a 75% change of getting our first snow mid week and me with NO blade at all. Sounds like my kids will get their exercise, :lol:

I don't know what you paid for him, but looks like you got a lot of goodies with it.

You done well and with the Mrs. OKAY too, you REALLY done well.

John Niekamp

Buggyscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Buggyscott » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:45 am

Don't put both in the same barn together unattended. They will breed and soon you will have #3.
Got a Cub and a good team of horses, nothing else I need or want except maybe another Cub and some more equipment!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:17 pm

Buggyscott wrote:Don't put both in the same barn together unattended. They will breed and soon you will have #3.
NAW, that's how you get Cub Cadets. :mrgreen:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:49 pm

Looks great!

Nice find.

Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:20 pm

Does anyone have a loboy toolbox? I need measurements, photos so my brother can make one for me. I don't believe they are available, but TM or JP may have one.
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

rleggitt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rleggitt » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:05 pm

Hey FarmallCub49,

The lo-boy looks from North Central Mississippi. I think the fast hitch was
put on the tractor the way I almost put mine on-backwards.

Return to “Farmall Cub”