This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Northern tool MIG 135 review

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
grunt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 51557
eBay ID: spec [77]
Tractors Owned: 52 cub
40ish Farmall M with JD bucket

Northern tool MIG 135 review

Postby grunt » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:05 am

I bought this one this week and will be doing a review as I learn how to use it. I have a good friend that will be mentoring me on its application.
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/ ... _200332691

Why did I go with this one. Well I wanted mig since it was supposed to be the easier forms of welding to learn. It also has the option of using gas and it will hold the 10lb spools of wire. It comes with a 3 year warranty and will let me weld Steel, stainless steel, aluminum. Gun uses Tweco-style replacement parts and for the price there was nothing else on the market that had all these options.

Yes I know it is a chi-nee welder but with the northern tool stamp on it it hopefully will make it easier to find parts as well as deal with any foreseeable warranty issue. I will post some pics on it this week. I am really excited to get some projects started.
My first lessons start tomorrow!
I will keep you posted.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Northern tool MIG 135 review

Postby Bigdog » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:37 am

Grunt - once you feel comfortable with your evaluation please make a post in the product review board. Good luck with the welder and I hope it works out for you.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

grunt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 51557
eBay ID: spec [77]
Tractors Owned: 52 cub
40ish Farmall M with JD bucket

Postby grunt » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:28 am

Thanks, I forgot we had that. :big afro:

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby RaymondDurban » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:42 pm

The best long term thing you can do for yourself is to regularly apply lightweight oil to the feed tube. Dirt and corrosion will cause the wire to jam and not feed.
I think you will be happy with the machine. I have a small Miller similar in size. Great for the smaller thinner metal.
When starting out, get ahold of some 1/4" scrap and weld away. Keep the puddle going!! The flux core wire will splatter so you might want to wear long sleeves.

Good luck and have fun.

Return to “Off Topic”