This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

searching e-bay for loboy parts

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Charles Zook
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61607

searching e-bay for loboy parts

Postby Charles Zook » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:54 am

I have written on this board about our IH 184 loboy tractors, and I am not at all familiar with using e-bay. I went on e-bay site and tried different search topics to locate cub loboy categories for parts, but apparently never came up with the coreect topic names to locate these categories. Would some one give me guidance in the correct topics, And or requirements to navigate e-bay for these tractor parts? Thank you in advance.
C.D.Z.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

hurleyjd
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75497

Re: searching e-bay for loboy parts

Postby hurleyjd » Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:45 am

Charles Zook wrote:I have written on this board about our IH 184 loboy tractors, and I am not at all familiar with using e-bay. I went on e-bay site and tried different search topics to locate cub loboy categories for parts, but apparently never came up with the coreect topic names to locate these categories. Would some one give me guidance in the correct topics, And or requirements to navigate e-bay for these tractor parts? Thank you in advance.
C.D.Z.

Try putting this in the search box. cub lo boy 154

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:16 pm

Look for hamiltonbob on ebay he has all kinds of numbered parts since he parts them out. He mainly has 154, 184 and 185 parts time to time.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:58 pm

Charles:

:eBay: is not all that mysterious.. it is just all about the search string you use. I will try and show you a couple of examples.. you will be able to save the searches if you wish to your own favourite searches if they are helpful.

• First search would be for say "IH Cub 184 Lo-Boy", type that in the search box and then enter and you will come up with something like this IH Cub 184 Lo-Boy Notice that this search is only for the 184.. no other lo-boys, so if someone has listed a 184 or even a compatible part from a Cub, a Lo-Boy, or one of the other numbered series like a 154 or 185, it will not show up usually. In this case only 4 auction hits showed up but there are some Buy It Nows as well.
  • Second search try say "Cub 154 185 184" generates these results Cub 154 185 184. More, but not a lot.
  • When searching on :eBay: it is best unless you are looking for a specific part, to use a more generalized search such as "(Farmall, International, Harvester, IH, tractor) +(Cub, Lo Boy, Lo-Boy) -(cadet)" which is one of the search strings I use. Depending on the listings and how the sellers describe their items, many of the Numbered Cub parts show up in this and other searches I use. Farmall Cub Search #1.

I have developed a number of different search strings that usually generate between 150 and 750 hits again depending on what is listed. Many of them are dupes from other searches, but the gems do show up in only one or two searches.. and this consistently happens. I know I don't have it all covered, cause I see other items that our fellow members post to the Cub Vine etc., that I have somehow missed.. can't win em all.. but patience is the key.

When it comes to used parts though I would first try Ralph at Ralph's Cubs, then probably JP Tractor Salvage who are both site sponsors, and if they do not have anything you need, then try the Cub Vine here in the clasifieds. These are a few other choices you have, but again, patience is the key.

Hope this helps a bit.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:37 am

Sorry i forgot go to ebay and search for; "154 cub" then all the parts will come up.

Under the header it will show different searches to click on too like; 154 cub loboy, 154 lowboy, 185 cub, 185 cub loboy and 184 cub loboy ect. What ever is listed as its written that can be a tad different in spelling will show up under the header when you search for "154 cub" .
I took me a while to figure this out on whats the easiest to search for.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:29 am

If you are looking for a seller on e-bay, you have to do an advanced search.
Once in the advanced search, there is a selection for searching for a seller / ebay store.
Here you can type in that seller's name (example: hamiltonbob) and it will list their current auctions.
Also note that it is best to not use any capital letters. Stick with all lower case.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:09 pm

Hamiltonbob is the man for 154 used parts. He combines the shipping costs too on multiple purchases so he is a honest ebay seller.

hurleyjd
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75497

Postby hurleyjd » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:31 pm

BigBill wrote:Hamiltonbob is the man for 154 used parts. He combines the shipping costs too on multiple purchases so he is a honest ebay seller.

I bid on two items that hamiltonbob had on ebay. I was the winning bid until the last day. There was no reserve. I got an e-mail informing me that I had lost the bid on the two items. I am okay with that. Then just a little later I got e-mails saying I had a second chance on these items. I would have to bid higher than I did originally. I thought what gives. Can someone explain this to me. Was someone shill bidding just like they do at most machinery auctions. I am beginning to think that the E-bay sellers are there to take the pants off of us novices.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:03 pm

JD:

I have had this happen to me on a number of ocassions as well. And yup you are right, if you lose from the highest you are willing to pay by a last minute sniper or hey just cause they want it worse than you do, that is ok. And I have gotten many second chance offers from sellers I deal with a lot and from sellers I haven't yet concluded a deal with. Always, they offer it to me for either the highest bid I submitted or equal to the winning bid. It then is up to me to decide if I wanna bite.

If I remember correctly, it is perfectly ok.. as long as it is not higher than the winning bid. I gotta look that one up though to be sure. However, usually, unless it is offered to me for my final bid, I usually say thanks but no thanks, cause it was already the max I was willing to pay.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:44 pm

I never bid after the bidding is over. I never have sniped yet. If i win it or not so be it. I know there are some who love to snipe for sure.

With sleezebay or slaybay i always look at an item i want and put a limit amount that i would pay for it first before i bid. I also checkout the prices on new parts too this way i don't over pay. Don't get caught up in the fierce bidding wars that goes on sometimes too if you do you get suckered into over paying too. This is why i put a limit on the item i'm bidding so i don't have a weak moment.

I have also heard about the shrills too, there buddies of the guy who is selling and they actually bid to pump up the prices. When ever the bidding goes as fast as bang, bang, bang like right away back to back bids when your bidding this is when i back off because i'm not really sure if its a shrill or not. Like i said before set you high limit first and so you don't get caught up in the bidding frenzy.

One other trick is if no one has bid it yet i wait until the last few hours and bid on it. Most of the time i will win it because no one wants it.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”