This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

customized cub

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Alabamacub
10+ Years
10+ Years

customized cub

Postby Alabamacub » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:32 pm

We went to the tractor show today up in Cullman, AL. Eventhough the weather was bad they had a good turn out. They had a cub that had 2 seats and 2 steering wheels. The tractor I liked best was a "Thriple A" Farmall. The man had connected three farmall A's together. You had 3 seats, 3 shifters, 3steering wheels but only 4 wheels.

Hope everyone had a good holiday.

Robert
Alabamacub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Nov 27, 2004 5:52 pm

Robert,

I'll go along with two seats but I have no idea what good a second steering wheel would do. Did you talk to the builder?

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Alabamacub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Alabamacub » Sat Nov 27, 2004 6:38 pm

George,

We did not get to talk to the builder. They had all the tractors in the middle of an indoor ag building, not many owners standing or sitting by the tractors. The owners we did meet were glad to show us how the tractors worked and a little history on them. I wish we were closer to go to some of the cub events.

Robert
Alabamacub

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:53 pm

robert, I've seen that one, or one similiar to it a time or two at shows. The ones I had seen were set up with narrow fronts similar to Geroge's, but not quite the same. On the ones I saw (2 different shows, so may have been same one both times) The left steernin wheel wasn't connected to anything, and appeared to be just for looks or for a hndle when getting on. Guess it would be good fro a mother in law that like to tell you how to drive.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:20 pm

My mother-in-law has never told me how to drive, but that setup would great for my mother or wife. I always thought about mounting one of those Fisher Price steering toys for infants in the passanger side of my car. Every time my mother rides with me she is always turning, braking, or accelerating with those imaginary controls. My wife isn't as bad, but is always telling me to turn here or STOP!!!. She blames it on the fact that I can spot rusty metal at a mile away, but couldn't see the brake lights under my own nose. :lol: :lol:

I always say, I am the one who wears the pants in the house, my wife just tells me what pair and which leg goes in first! :lol:

Good thing the Mrs. doesn't read this forum!!
'49 Cub, '58 LoBoy,'61 LoBoy, '61 Modified LoBoy, '61 Customized LoBoy, way to many attachments, '22 Centerdoor Sedan, '24 Ford T Roadster, '25 Ford TT, '24 C Cab, '13 Touring, '24 Model T Snowmobile,

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:47 pm

:shock: George" when did you get the dual's on your Trycle? I remember you asking for mesurements for the spasers, but never did see a reply. Glad to have you back. "Jack"

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:40 pm

Jack Donovan wrote::shock: George" when did you get the dual's on your Trycle? I remember you asking for mesurements for the spasers, but never did see a reply. Glad to have you back. "Jack"

Jack,

I think it was Cub Bud who pointed me in the right direction. He pointed out that if the inner is set in the next to narrowest position (to clear the fenders) and the outer set out as far as possible... the spacers aren't required.

As Steve Butram found out, if the tires are larger than 8.3 x 24 they will be too close together, but will work.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Postby Steve Butram » Sat Nov 27, 2004 9:58 pm

Jack I used 35 grade 8 1/2" washers 7 on each bolt to space out the outside wheel but I have 9.5 - 24s on the rear so it made it more challenging. I Dualed up the Left rear to do some plowing a few weeks ago. send me your Email I will send you some close up pix. Steve
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:17 am

"I think it was Cub Bud who pointed me in the right direction."

And it was John Hargis, Jr. (JP Tractor) that pointed me in the right direction. I remembered the show tractor for the 2nd Cub-Arama was fitted with duals. I asked John if they had used the spacers to dual it and he said "No, just 'dish-out' the inners and 'dish-in' the outers and use longer wheel bolts." Also, special attention has to be given to the mounting of the tire/rim on the wheel centers.

"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Farmall Cub”