This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Batterys and TSC

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 07727
Skype Name: Jersey_cub
Tractors Owned: 1972 154 Low Boy
1952 Farmall Cub The Little Red Binder

Batterys and TSC

Postby Jersey_cub » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:19 pm

I have to share this with all our members :roll: This is my experience with TSC today and purchasing a new battery for the 154 Lo-boy.

Since I recently injured my right knee and have been unable to walk, I asked my wife to go to TSC and purchase a new battery for me. When she walked in to the store and spoke to the sales person about a Battery for her husbands tractor, she told them the dimension and that she wanted a 12 volt battery they intern cross referenced the battery and sold her a new battery.

When she got home with it I discovered it is a 6 Volt battery :evil: Now that wouldn't be so bad except that it is a 72 mile round trip and now we have to make another 72 mile round trip to exchange it :roll:

That's not all my wife told me that she was taken care of by three individuals and one gentleman was about 70 years old, man I don't know what the problem is with the sales people today when you walk into these so called "we have it all stores".

They have it all except the help to know what they are selling, as for me I am fed up with the we have it all stores and wish mom and pop stores would make a come back. I will take the battery back tomorrow and exchange it for the right one, but you can bet that's the last time they will ever see me in TSC :!: That's in the state of New Jersey. I would like to say the problem is the people here don't know s..t about farming or farm equipment anymore :evil:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Batterys and TSC

Postby Rudi » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:54 pm

Joe:

This is exactly how I feel about NAPA, CarQuest and some of the other "auto parts got it all stores".. their counter people don't know squat anymore. If you don't have a make/model/year and engine size, they are lost. I can't say our Co-Op is like that, and we do not have a TSC, thank God.. but I guess it is a sign of the times. I too miss the days of the Mom and Pop stores, but they too had their shortcomings... unfortunately.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jersey_cub » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:20 am

Rudi wrote:Joe:

This is exactly how I feel about NAPA, CarQuest and some of the other "auto parts got it all stores".. their counter people don't know squat anymore. If you don't have a make/model/year and engine size, they are lost. I can't say our Co-Op is like that, and we do not have a TSC, thank God.. but I guess it is a sign of the times. I too miss the days of the Mom and Pop stores, but they too had their shortcomings... unfortunately.

Yes Rudi: the mom and pop stores had one big short coming, "the we have it all cheap "J" parts that no one makes here anymore, and while my breath is still hot one more thing. THEY WERE TOO HONEST :!: Oh by the way they could tell you anything you needed to know when it came to what they were selling.

And I know no one is perfect, but mom and pop were a hell of a lot closer then most.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:22 pm

Just try to but a carb kit or a part for my 55 jeep cj?? These new auto part stores only go back to the 70's on the puters. Napa i think is the only one who still uses the old books for parts.

Too bad the new workers today know nothing about what there company or store is selling. These is no before training anymore there just thrown into the battle and told to take that hill with a bag of marbles. The future looks really grim lately. I try to mainly order on the net what i can. But your right about batteries I don't get any help that knows about batteries anywhere i go, i'm on my own and i better know what i want. I might as well go to wally world for a battery.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:24 pm

Joe:

The sad part of the mom and pop's is that because of what they were they couldn't really afford to have the huge variety of stock that the "all in one's" do, stores were limited in size because of the nature of the business... but those were only a few limitations. The unfortunate part is that most of them are not around anymore, so the almost family feeling about going in to town to get whatever you needed be it at the general store, the ag store or even the local garage, is now gone. It is a thing of the past, much like service station attendants with caps and uniforms, a smile, wave of the hand and while they were filling the tank, they checked the oil, radiator, windshield washer if you had it, and they washed the windshield.. well just about all the windows in the car or truck whilst whistling and carrying on a conversation with you. God I miss that. Same with the grocery store/local butcher/baker etc., go in to get what you needed for the next few days, catch up on all what's going on around and build relationships.

Today, when you go in a store, some dummy yells at ya from the counter -- "hey doorknob.. I told you it's in aisle 3 !!!! ...." and yeah, that happened last night to a couple ahead of me in a gas station/convenience store. Back in the day, the boss would had washed that kid's mouth out with soap before he sent em home to Mom and Dad to get a real good lesson in manners :!:

Not sure about honesty, but knowledge, courtesy, willingness to give good service plus be able to remember your name.. sure doesn't exist anymore. Now it's hey man, yo dude.. what's happnin?? and all that falderall... I dislike it immensely.. plus the Politically Correct crap that goes on all the time.. like don't call me miss.. as they constantly remind us old farts right after they just said, was that one lump or two dear :?: :?: in your coffee that is :lol: :lol:

I am just glad that I can remember this stuff. What is really unfortunate is our kids have no clue, our grandchildren will never ever know the joys we had and their kids.. well God only knows. I think they are the worse for it, even if they have all the Nintendo's, computer games and all the rest of the techie toys... they are missing out on what really made communities communities.

I am going to get off of my Image now.. before I start crying in my coffee :!: :roll: :? :(

Boy, how can you tell I am almost a geezer :big say what: :big smile:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

rickguns
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub "Baby Cub"
Ford 3000
Kubota MX 5100

Postby rickguns » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:33 pm

We're lucky to have in our area a small farm and home chain. The staff there are really knowledgeble as most of them are farmers wives and sons/daughters that work there. I don't know how many times I have had the store manager ask if I was finding everything okay and he would actually take me to where the item I was looking for in the store. Great service! They'll have me for a customer for a long time. :applause:

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12487

Postby Jackman » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:51 pm

Over the years I have learned a lesson and that is don't ever send the wife for parts it almost never goes as planned , and the worst part is the wife (at least mine ) is always more POed about the time she wasted getting the wrong parts than myself, live and learn :) ....

BTW TSC is on the same level as Walmart , just a lot of cheap stuff mostly made in China

Jersey_cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jersey_cub » Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:33 pm

Jackman wrote:Over the years I have learned a lesson and that is don't ever send the wife for parts it almost never goes as planned , and the worst part is the wife (at least mine ) is always more POed about the time she wasted getting the wrong parts than myself, live and learn :) ....

BTW TSC is on the same level as Walmart , just a lot of cheap stuff mostly made in China

I hear what you are saying about sending the wife for parts :brainfart: Except for the fact that mine knows more then most parts guys know when it comes to what she needs-this incident was an exception, and as far as being POed. She is the leveled headed one in this union :big crazy:

As far as parts made in china or were ever. It doesn't matter were you go around this part of the country they all have the same s----t parts.

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:31 pm

When it comes to parts NAPA is the place that I like best ,prices are a little on the high side but they have the good stuff. Batteries I go right to the Interstate battery warehouse , They sell "Previously Enjoyed Batteries" for 20 dollars and they are good many times batteries are brought back on warrentee when they are perfectly fine, rather than recycle them they get sold as Previously Enjoyed Batteries........

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:57 pm

I just returned my $ 70.00 battery to interstate and splurged on a wal-mart $ 23.00 one. It HAS to last longer. 8) 8) Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Jackman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jackman » Sun Apr 05, 2009 5:25 am

grumpy wrote:I just returned my $ 70.00 battery to interstate and splurged on a wal-mart $ 23.00 one. It HAS to last longer. 8) 8) Grump

In N.Y. the 70 dollar return might end up on the previouly enjoyed pallet :lol: :lol: ,that is of course it passes the the good battery/ bad battery test :big afro:

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:37 am

Jackman wrote:
grumpy wrote:I just returned my $ 70.00 battery to interstate and splurged on a wal-mart $ 23.00 one. It HAS to last longer. 8) 8) Grump

In N.Y. the 70 dollar return might end up on the previouly enjoyed pallet :lol: :lol: ,that is of course it passes the the good battery/ bad battery test :big afro:

was tested. Bad cell :x :(
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”