This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub and buzz saw

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:30 pm

John may not be to far off, with the Misquto thought. I remember lawn mowers that had such a divice as that and they used 30 weight oil. but they went into the exhust pipe. I think Jim B. is a little more on with the over head oiler idea. Some one had mentioned that running the engine to slow was real hard on the engine, so i can see where the right speed at 1 half to 3 quarter would be verry important. "Jack" :roll:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:45 pm

Thanks Jim. Yes the sheaves are adjustable, the combine will account for the strange radiator cover.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Mon Nov 29, 2004 9:55 pm

What was the purpose of the top oiler?

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:15 pm

Just read Jack's 1/2 to 3/4 statement and it reminded me that on the DEW Line in the Aleutians (Operation Blue Grass). we had to run our generator engines over half load and if we didn't have enough load we had banks of immersion heaters we cut in to bring load up well over 1/2 load.
I wish I had the book on this type power unit. I received one from our good friend in Arizona for a power unit, from the looks of it, used for power generation and ran at 2700 RPM. Our cubs are 1600 or 1800 RPM. So now what is right for a combine power unit. With a generator you want constant speed no matter how the load varries. That way you keep your 60 cycle for clocks , motors and other cycle dependent items. We had two AC clocks. One ran on the engines and the other on a crystal sourse in the radar. we would tweek the engine speed to keep them constant to the second. We also got the time from WWRL.
We had a fairly constant Load but it did vary some. I would expect a combine to have a very varied load as crop density varied and withend of rows where power , not speed was the desired result.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:25 pm

Jack Donovan wrote:John may not be to far off, with the Misquto thought. I remember lawn mowers that had such a divice as that and they used 30 weight oil. but they went into the exhust pipe.
I had one of those too, that's what made me think of it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby danovercash » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:39 pm

Will the mesh grill mount upside down to what your pictures are showing? Seems like the combine on Grampa's farm was mounted opposite of yours. Don't know what happened to it When the farm was sold in the early '80s
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:03 am

I don't kow if it will mount the other way. I'll look the next time that I am up the country. I saw one on E-Bay that was the way this one is.

Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Return to “Farmall Cub”