This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Deer hunters

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Deer hunters

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:25 pm

I thought Missourians took ther deer hunting seriously, but apparently Wiscinsin residents have them beat. Heard on the news this morning that 5 were killed and 3 wounded in a dispute over a deer stand. According to the news, 2 hunters were returning when they spotted another hunter in one of their deer stands. When they confronted him he shot and killed both of them, as well as killing sniper style 3 that answered the pairs crys for help while they were dying. The shooter was captured when he got lost in the woods and ran out of ammunition. My sympathy and prayers go out to the families of the killed and wounded.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:26 pm

This story has been the talk around work today. Senseless :!: :x :twisted:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:19 pm

This update was just posted on Redpowermagazine.com

MINNEAPOLIS- A trespassing deer hunter in Wisconsin opened fire without warning on other hunters when they asked him to leave, killing five and wounding three, police said on Monday.

Chai Soua Vang, 36, of St. Paul, Minnesota, a member of that city's Hmong community, emptied his SKS semiautomatic rifle into the hunter who confronted him on Sunday and others who had come to his aid, Sawyer County Sheriff James Meier told a news conference.

Vang is "showing some cooperation" with investigators but has not been charged, Meier added.

Police in Minnesota said they knew of nothing in Vang's past that would have predicted the violent incident.

"This is an incredible tragedy," said Wisconsin Gov. Jim Doyle, one that clouds a tradition-rich annual autumn deer hunt in which more than half a million hunters take to the woods.

"It's just unbelievable," added Meier, the sheriff.

He said Vang apparently got lost, asked for directions and later wandered onto a 400-acre parcel of private land where "he found an empty deer stand and crawled up and occupied it."

Meier said a hunter saw Vang in the stand, radioed others in his party and said he was going to ask the intruder to leave. The land owner and others in the party arrived shortly thereafter, the sheriff said, and Vang after walking about 40 yards "turned and he opened fire on the group" after apparently removing the telescopic sight from the rifle.

Four men and one woman were killed. Three other men were wounded, one of whom remained in critical condition on Monday.

One of the victims had noticed the number of the hunting license tag Vang was wearing and scrawled it in dust on an all-terrain vehicle the party was using. That, along with a physical description, led to Vang's arrest, with the help of two other hunters, when he emerged from the woods later, Meier said.

The magazine and chamber of the rifle Vang was carrying were empty, the sheriff said. The rifle can hold 20 rounds.

The hunters who were attacked were all from the Rice Lake, Wisconsin, area where the community was in shock, according to Tom Richie, sheriff of Barron County.

"They were all well-known and very respected," he told a news conference on Monday.

Joe Shaffer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Joe Shaffer » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:43 pm

I have hunted in PA and in TX and never saw a sportsman with a semi-auto rifle nor any hunting rifle with a 20 round clip. Since the shooter was an immigrant, I wonder whether he was a U.S. citizen. Federal law prohibits the sale of firearms to non-citizens.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:23 pm

I saw other reports that stated he had been a citizen for several years. I don't know about MN. , but many states do not allow clips holding more than 10 rounds for deer hunting. There were some other articles listing newspaper reports with large numbers of immigrants causing a lot of trouble in hunting preserves around the same area.

mmann
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mmann » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:43 pm

I bought my Cub to plant food plots to attract deer to my property that I bought to have my own place to deer hunt. Deer hunting is my life this time of year.

The accused has been in this country since 1976. He spent 12 years in the California National Guard.

Let us look past his immagarant origins, his race and see him for what he really is.....a mass murderer. Too bad they don't have the death penallty in WI.

He shot 4 of his victims in the back and and all were unarmed except one.
There is no substitue for good marksmanship.

Soldner
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Soldner » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:23 pm

Hello Everyone,
I know i'm alittle late, but as a deer hunter in WI, and a WI resident, i am appalled. This is something everyone in WI just can't believe. I have never hunted with any kind of rifle, (Shotguns, muzzleloaders) where i live in WI. I wish WI did have the death penalty, and i hope he is found guilty of 6 counts of 1st degree murder!
Yes he was in immagrant, but he shot these people as if he hunted them, and worse yet, i have heard that last year a man was shot in a different county in WI, and Vang's vehical is identical to the vehical the man saw leave.. This man served our country, but killed our people as if they were animals! He is a mass murderer, and i just want to say WI will most likely ban assault rifles now, and i have never seen any hunter with an SKS or any semi-automatic assault rifle for that matter!
One more quick note about Mr. Vang. He hasn't been formally charged in MN. but last year police were called to his house for a domestic volience clame, when his wife said Vang threatened to kill her. She didn't press charges, and refused to cooperate with police. He also had a warrant out for his arrest when he truspassed on private property during last year's gun deer season.

Return to “Off Topic”