This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mott Mower Mounting

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Mott Mower Mounting

Postby beaconlight » Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:56 pm

I got the parts!!
I have been pestering this forum and others includung suppliers for the hardware to mount a Mott Flail Mower on my cub Low boy. A friend had given me one. He had given the tractor to one his son Vinnie. The mounting hardware for the pulleys, belt tensioning and lift hardware were still on the tractor. I tried to buy them with no success except for the pullies and pivot pin. Everything was manufacture discontinued.
Vinnie let me borrow the parts so that my neighbor could use them as a template to weld me up new ones. They are exact duplicates including the square holes for carriage bolt mounting. He also fabricated bushings and bearings where the origional had them. He even installed a grease fitting with a dust cap over it just like the sample. These are miracle parts.
Unfortunately it won't be till next year before I get up the country again. Won't be any grass to mow. Maybe it will chop snow.
Next spring look out grass. Here I come. 6 foot brush hog on the green monster. 5 foot Flail, 5 sycle bar and 42 inch tag along for the Low Boy. I am just like the frog. I am so happy I could just ----.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:18 pm

I am so happy I could just ----.

. . . cut grass?

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:31 pm

NOOOO!
Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:50 pm

Glad to hear you're getting it going. Keep us posted when you try it out.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby beaconlight » Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:27 pm

Glad you saw the post John.
Thank you for the kind offer you made earlier to take yours off and have them copied. Turns out my neighbor Al didn't have all the right steel so he brought the pieces to his son John. John said this is for willie. He is even more of an artist with steel than his father. He burned square holes for the carriage bolts that the origional had. John said one of the welds on the samples was cracked and he redid that too.
Last year John put an addition on his house. American Standard doesn't make cast iron baseboard radiators any longer, to match his existing. I had about 30 feet of it from a demolition sitting around so I gave it to him as pay back for previous favors. Just shows that what goes around comes around.
Now I can understand how some of the guys mentioned burning out broken bolts. When I first heard that I had trouble understanding how it could be done. If you ever saw me with a tourch you would understand.
Now I believe.
Bill
Bill

- John Wayne

- Aesop

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”