Just thought I'd update everyone on our my latest little victory with the ol' girl. Once I got her running a few months back, it just missed like crazy, popping and backfiring, and at times wouldn't hardly pull itself up hill. Probably hadn't driven it the more than 1/4 mile since I got her runnin'. She started very well, idled good, but that was about it, I was afraid to try to drive it very far from the shed.
Over the last few months I've been restoring a '59 John Deere 430W, and haven't messed with the "M" very much. Well two weeks ago I was down in the shed admiring her and got a call from a good friend of mine, we got to talkin about the M not running good, then it hit me...the distributor just didn't look like all the ones I'd seen pictures of. I almost ran up to the house to get my Owners Manual and went back to the shed. Long story short, I had to remove the distributor and turn it almost a half a turn. When I did the old original red paint came back to the front...she had been out of time for years! It ran so much better!
The Lovely Sherri Dawn and I got her out the shed and let her stretch her legs abit after church Sunday. It began to smoke after it warmed up, but the oil pressure stayed up close to 75#. I can't wait to finish this Deere and get started on the ol girl and give her the attention she deserves.
Here's a few pictures and a short video clip right before i took her back to the shed...Man that was fun!
Last edited by Dusti Snider on Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.