This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

starter question

Farmall C, Super C Tractors, 200 & 230 1948-1958
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Hairy Moose Knuckles
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super C

starter question

Postby Hairy Moose Knuckles » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:50 pm

My 6 volt tractor is a buggerbear to start. I had the battery checked and it was good although they did have to charge it. I noticed while trying to start It yesterday that the starter gets pretty hot to the touch and every now and then the starter will go wizzz. Like it spinning freely, but not actually trying to turn the moter over. Is this normal for a 6 volt?
:tractor: Its me, Ant-Knee :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: starter question

Postby Bigdog » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:55 pm

Sounds like it is dragging a bit and sometimes the bendix is not kicking out fast enough to engage. It should probably be rebuilt.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Hairy Moose Knuckles
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super C

Re: starter question

Postby Hairy Moose Knuckles » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:29 am

Thanks Bigdog, I was a little afraid of that. This tractor may give me some wrench time. There are a number of things that I would like to tinker with, that wasn't one of them. We had a toad floater this afternoon and as soon as my yard isn't a mud hole, I will be playing with it.
:tractor: Its me, Ant-Knee :tractor:

Return to “Farmall C, Super C, 200 & 230”