This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Auburn Trencher

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070
Circle of Safety: Y

Auburn Trencher

Postby Bill E Bob » Sun May 31, 2009 7:14 am

Found an Auburn Trencher FS here in Ok. for $500. I'm interested, but before I call the party that has it for sale, I would like to speak intelligently about the trencher.

1. Did Auburn make Trenchers for more than just Cubs??

2. What needs to go with the trencher to make it a viable unit for a Cub? (Think I heard something
about an in-line despeeder etc)

3. If it is not complete, will be glad to investigate for someone out there needing whatever parts
go with it.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Re: Auburn Trencher

Postby Steve Butram » Sun May 31, 2009 8:54 am

Auburn built trenchers for several diffrent applications I'm sure that there were models built for the Cub and the Farmall A. As for the gear reduction it is inline in front of the tranmission and the trencher is not very operable without the reduction. I have seen one mounted the Cub and an A trencher mounted on a cub.

The major problems with the trencher was the roller chain.

Even at the stated price I would jump on it and decide later what to do with it.

Rick Prentice's web site has some good pix of an auburn trencher. And TMs web site has some liturature on the trencher also

I hope this helps
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Re: Auburn Trencher

Postby Jim Becker » Sun May 31, 2009 11:08 am

1) Auburn made multiple trencher models. Off the top of my head, they were made for Farmall H, Ford N series and Jeep, as well as for the Cub.
2) The tractor is so heavily modified with additional components that you need to get the tractor along with the mounted trencher. Otherwise, you will never get all the pieces. A trencher off the tractor needs to be viewed as parts only, unless you really know the trencher.

Depending on what it is and how much is present, I might be interested in it for parts. Check the chain for size and condition.

Return to “Farmall Cub”