This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Non-believers do not read, Cub 501

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Non-believers do not read, Cub 501

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:43 pm

The owner of Cub serial number 501, Tom B., was over the other weekend helping out on things for the Winter Convention. The tractor will be there. I remembered some article about the Cub being given to an IH employee so I asked Lee Grady if someone could dig up the info. One of the work study students found the info for me. We will display it with the tractor at the Convention and then Tom can have it to go with his tractor.
Ken Updike, Guy Fay and I along with some other Cheeseheads are going to help sort through duplicate manuals at the archives on saturday. We are going to auction off some of the manuals at the Winter Convention.
http://www.ihwisconsin.org
I am glad those of you who do not believe this tractor exists have not read this post. :-)

Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Non-believers do not read, Cub 501

Postby Super A » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:59 am

Mike Schmudlach wrote:The owner of Cub serial number 501, Tom B., was over the other weekend helping out on things for the Winter Convention. The tractor will be there. I remembered some article about the Cub being given to an IH employee so I asked Lee Grady if someone could dig up the info. One of the work study students found the info for me. We will display it with the tractor at the Convention and then Tom can have it to go with his tractor.
Ken Updike, Guy Fay and I along with some other Cheeseheads are going to help sort through duplicate manuals at the archives on saturday. We are going to auction off some of the manuals at the Winter Convention.
http://www.ihwisconsin.org
I am glad those of you who do not believe this tractor exists have not read this post. :-)

Mike

That is great to hear!!

Please, please somebody bring a camera. I don't doubt for a minute that 501 exists, or the stories behind it, but it's frustrating as an enthusiast that I can't arrange to go halfway across the country to see it. Everybody likes to talk about it, but it seems nobody wants to show the rest of us.... :cry: This is an important part of IH history that all collectors should have a chance to see/hear about. PLEASE POST PICTURES WHEN CONVENTION ROLLS AROUND! :D

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:18 am

Mike, I know it doesn't look any different than any other early cub, but myself along with many others would like to have some detailed pictures of it. I expect Dennis would like to post them in the photo archives if the owner is willing. I'd gladly go and take the pictures if someone would buy me the airline tickets. :lol: I can't drive that far due to my hip problems.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:22 am

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:Mike, I know it doesn't look any different than any other early cub, but myself along with many others would like to have some detailed pictures of it. I expect Dennis would like to post them in the photo archives if the owner is willing. I'd gladly go and take the pictures if someone would buy me the airline tickets. :lol: I can't drive that far due to my hip problems.

John,

I'll be glad to chip in! :lol:

But seriously, I hope someone will photograph this exhibit for the rest of us. I can understand if the owner wants to maintain a certain amount of anonymity, (if I were the owner I wouldn't want to be pestered by rabid Cub collectors either!) but I hope that won't keep the rest of us from seeing 501 and it's display at Winter Convention.

Al

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:35 am

If all goes as planned, there will be a collection of pics of 501 in the photos section after Winter Convention. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:53 am

Cub-Bud wrote:If all goes as planned, there will be a collection of pics of 501 in the photos section after Winter Convention. :wink:
Well, there goes my excuse to beg airplane tickets. LOL
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:07 am

I don't believe it ...... So I didn't look at this string :!:
Ron

Bermuda Ken
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 53536
Tractors Owned: Tractors owned past/present:

Farmall.....F-1206, F-806 sn#501.

Cub Cadet...Original(s), 122, Spirit of 76, 1200, 1250, 1450, 782, 782 Diesel (2), 984, 982, CADET 000 LT Prototype.

Postby Bermuda Ken » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:22 pm

If you don't believe, you also must not believe in Santa Claws....

Maybe a closeup of the brass tag/plate will make believers out of those who doubt........
Cub Cadets....Engineered for people who know better!

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:32 pm

I BELIEVE :!:

And, as any father of a three-year-old would do, I also believe in Heffalumps and Woozles :!: :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Super A » Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:01 pm

Cub-Bud wrote:If all goes as planned, there will be a collection of pics of 501 in the photos section after Winter Convention. :wink:

That sounds good! :D if I could I would love to go up to WI and participate in the IH Collectors Winter Convention, but since I and a lot of other folks can't, what with careers and other stuff, I am glad you will be taking time to take pictures for us!

Sometimes it seems some folks want to get sorta huffy when others ask about pictures of 501........It's not that we don't believe, but it kinda reminds me of when as a little kid your buddy got a new toy, baseball card, etc. All he wanted to do was talk about how wonderful it was--and then he wouldn't even let you look at it!! :cry:

Al

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:26 pm

"I am glad you will be taking time to take pictures for us!"

I will not be the one taking the pictures, nor will I be able to attend the convention. Someone else has volunteered to take them....we are in good hands. :wink:

Greg Norman

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:41 pm

Bermuda Ken wrote:Maybe a closeup of the brass tag/plate will make believers out of those who doubt........

Ken. What "brass tag/plate"? Did you make it at your place? :?
Ron

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:53 pm

Actually the brass tag is not on the tractor, that plate is hanging on the wall of the family who was given the tractor by IH.
The family will not give, sell or loan the tag to the current owner of the tractor. They are hoping to get the tractor back someday. Well, they will have to get in line behind the rest of us.
Huffy? We are giving everyone a chance to see this tractor in person along with the very first tractor (the automower), the frameall, and an experimental regular.
This is stuff you will never see at a Redpower. :-)
What kind of collectors are you guys that you would worry about your career instead of figuring out how to get to a tractor show!!!
There is more to life than working. LOL Oh yea, I forgot I have to work so I can afford this trctor stuff.

Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Super A » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:28 am

Mike Schmudlach wrote:Huffy? We are giving everyone a chance to see this tractor in person along with the very first tractor (the automower), the frameall, and an experimental regular.
This is stuff you will never see at a Redpower. :-)
What kind of collectors are you guys that you would worry about your career instead of figuring out how to get to a tractor show!!!
There is more to life than working. LOL Oh yea, I forgot I have to work so I can afford this trctor stuff.

Mike

I appreciate the hard work being put forth to have these rare IH pieces in one place. I would love to see these in person, especially the Frameall--is it a Frameall B or a Frameall A? The point I am making is that I hope these exhibits (All of them) will be well-documented, either here, on the Red Power Forum, in Red Power Magazine, or Harvester Highlights, for those of us who are unable to trek halfway across the country to see them, but would still like to participate in the sharing of information. What I meant in my previous post was, when the subject of Cub #501 came up before, the tone of the discussion was "It's real guys, but we're not going to let anybody see it." I don't think that was the intended tone, but it's how it came across.

Why would some of these exhibits not be at the Red Power Roundup? I thought that was the "official" gathering of the IH Collectors Club?

I'm not trying to pick on anybody over this, just sharing my thoughts......
Al

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Sat Dec 18, 2004 8:16 am

These exhibits will not be at Redpower for the simple reason is that it is too much work. It was hard enough to try and get this stuff together this one time. There will be an article on the 501 Cub at a later date. I simply do not have enough time to do it now. I have a construction business, farm and Winter Convention to work on. And in between I would like to work on some of my own tractors. :-)
You will see stuff on the tractor later. Patience is a virtue. :-)

Mike

Return to “Farmall Cub”