This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

picture of my Big buck that lives in my back yard

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
JGtools
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 55325
Tractors Owned: 1958 ih 340 utility
1950 farmall cub
1948 ford 8n
kubota 3240
IH 154 loboy

picture of my Big buck that lives in my back yard

Postby JGtools » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:47 pm

here is a picture of the buck that lives behind my house. My wife and I see this buck all the time. I have a trail; cam i put out early august, and i will get more pictures soon. this picture is from last year. the picture you see is from a trail cam about 300 yards from my pole shed.
Attachments
big deer.JPG
big deer.JPG

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Re: picture of my Big buck that lives in my back yard

Postby beaconlight » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:28 am

How come he wasn't guest of Honor at a family feast?
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

JGtools
10+ Years
10+ Years
1950 farmall cub
1948 ford 8n
kubota 3240
IH 154 loboy

Postby JGtools » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:01 am

I hope he gets a bit bigger first. Jim

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:11 pm

Awesome!!!!! We have one thats about 250 to 300lbs and is very bold. He charges across the grass to eat the flowers as bold as can be. All i can think of is sticking a fork into it until its done. Fresh Meat on the hoof.

My son almost hit one that was a 16 or 20pter one night. As we all slammed on the brakes on our motor cycles i hollered out skin'm grizz........ It was the biggest deer i ever seen in CT. It was in Woodbridge,ct. We have seen other big deer there grazing on the side of the road too these were 200lb+ 12pters too in the same area. Then did grow a lot of corn in that area at one time(small farms). The kid on a motorcycle is a deer magnet he scares me the way he attracts deer. I'm going to use him on his bike to attract deer when i go deer hunting. I'll just put him in the apple orchard.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

JGtools
10+ Years
10+ Years
1950 farmall cub
1948 ford 8n
kubota 3240
IH 154 loboy

Postby JGtools » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:32 pm

BIG BILL, I hope you can get that big buck. Every year in my neck of the woods, I see a few nice big ones dead on the side of the road from Deer/Vehicle accidents. I Have a buddy last year that hit a small doe with his harley sportster and he actually went over the bars and landed about 10 yards out in the road. He usually wears a helmet during night hours, and good thing he had it on, I guess the helmet was cracked all the way down, He was fine, but did collapse his left lung, and had stitches on his knees. after 2 days in the hospital he was good as new, and still loves his bike. the Deer he hit we found dead about 250 yards from the site of the accident. I love to archery hunt , and look forward to a good fall. I will use my cub and sickle for making some new deer trails by my stands. Take it e-z , Jim

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Trent M » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:27 pm

Have you seen him this year? He'd be in velvet and still growing right now. Another year of growth on that buck and he could be a dandy!
Trent McPeak

JGtools
10+ Years
10+ Years
1950 farmall cub
1948 ford 8n
kubota 3240
IH 154 loboy

Postby JGtools » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:09 pm

Trent, he comes to my feeder almost every evening, sometimes around 8:30 pm, but mostly after 10:00 pm. I have saw him a bunch of times this year. Next week I will get my trail cam back out, and post new pictures of him. we also had are first black bear sighting just down the road from me, the bear was helping itself to a bird feeder for a quick snack.Jim

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Trent M » Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:04 pm

That's great! I would love to see more pics of him with another year of growth.

He'll be a tough one to hunt on that late-night schedule. When the rut kicks in though, he'll be following the ladies!
Trent McPeak

JGtools
10+ Years
10+ Years
1950 farmall cub
1948 ford 8n
kubota 3240
IH 154 loboy

Postby JGtools » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:00 pm

Trent, I mostly just archery hunt. I let him walk last year hoping for another year of growth. He walks very slow, and is very alert to his surroundings. we planted a few trees along the driveway about 2 years ago, and he made a mess out of them, he rubs the bark right off, not to mention the lower branches are all but gone. The only chance I will have will be during the rut period, I know he makes his rounds late October, cause neighbors have seen him about 4 miles from me. All summer, he hangs pretty tight, and close to my little woods behind my pole shed, I dont think he ever goes more then a half mile in any direction all summer. my woods is very thick, and is surrounded by corn and bean fields, I have a small plot of clovers. I also put out a tri-stand feeder and mineral blocks. Its exciting seeing him , and watching him grow . Take it e-z , Jim

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Trent M » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:17 pm

Jim- I was just thinking about this old topic and wondered if you had any luck with more trail cam pics? Down here all the standing corn really keeps the deer hidden. You may be experiencing the same thing. Hopefully they get it out before much longer. It'll be Novemeber soon!!! :D
Trent McPeak

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:34 pm

I been thinking trail cams too. I'll have to look for a sale or a clearance in the springtime.
Two days ago this big buck came thru my land about 3pm with one doe. The other 5 or 6 does went deeper into the water shed land when they spotted me and my son looking at them. I only seen 3 or 5 white flags but i seen more brown shadow's going away from us. Its the same buck we have been seeing. I think next year I'll get my bow license to see if i can poke it.

My deer feeder is going already and i have put out apples too. Plus i got two deer blocks from TSC. I hope to keep it nearby all winter.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

JGtools
10+ Years
10+ Years
1950 farmall cub
1948 ford 8n
kubota 3240
IH 154 loboy

Postby JGtools » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Trent, I did not get any more pictures of this deer, and have no idea where he is. My father in law said he saw him during gun season, but no shots, or reports of anyone shooting him in this area. I just dont understand why he is not in my back yard anymore??? I have a feeder out, and cam posted on trails, just little bucks and lot of doe pictures! I hope he did not get hit by car , and run off and die, this buck was mostly a night mover on my property, and say within a mile range of my house he was spotted several times by neighbors. Jim

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”