This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

photohost

How do I.... ?
Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

photohost

Postby Joey » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:01 pm

Is there is a simple way to resize a whole group of pictures befoe uploading to photohost? I want to upload over 50 pictures from a tractor show but I don't have the time to resize and upload each picture individually. Any quick method out there?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: photohost

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:56 pm

Joey - Microsoft's image resizer (free download - one of the Microsoft Windows Power Toys) will allow you to resize a whole folder full of pictures with a couple of mouse clicks.
Go to the Microsoft website and check out the Windows Power Toys.
This runs in the background. All you have to do is highlight the files you want to re-size, right click on them and select re-size. It defaults to 640 X 480 but you can choose other sizes if you want.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:12 pm

Joey:

As BD said, Image Resizer is pretty simple and does not have a lot of bells and whistles. For batch resizing like that, I tend to use IrfanView as my default. Image Resizer is good, but what it does is add a (small) etc., to the file name and that usually must be removed. With Irfanview you can do a batch conversion, a batch rename etc., which includes a batch resize option. I usually do this when I am resizing manual pages to say 840x1060 or so.

However either program will work nicely.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

Postby Joey » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:41 pm

Rudi,

I have Irfanview and tried to do a batch conversion, but I'm partially computer illiterate when it comes to using new programs. Can you walk me thru doing a conversion? I have all the pictures from the show saved to a folder in My Pictures. I tried to do a conversion but I don't really know what is going on. What is INI files?

Would appreciate any help. I know that after one becomes familiar with the software, you would wonder why we were so clueless.

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”