This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Non-believers do not read, Cub 501

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:07 am

Super A wrote:Why would some of these exhibits not be at the Red Power Roundup? I thought that was the "official" gathering of the IH Collectors Club?

The Winter Convention is just as much an "official" gathering as the Roundup, maybe more so because it is rarely tagged on to some existing show.

Besides, where were you and your stuff last time I went all the way to North Carolina? :? Fortunately I got to see the John Hall museum err farm.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:47 am

Mike Schmudlach wrote: Patience is a virtue. :-)Mike

Didn't you and I have brief discussion about that at Cubarama? :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:54 pm

Jim Becker wrote:

Besides, where were you and your stuff last time I went all the way to North Carolina? :? Fortunately I got to see the John Hall museum err farm.

Was that the Southeast Old Threshers Reunion in Denton?

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:49 pm

Family related trip to Durham and other places, summer of '00.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:09 pm

"Actually the brass tag is not on the tractor"

Well, it should be :!: :shock: Is not that brass tag a worthless piece of tin unless it's on 501:?: And, without a tag, 501 is no different than this poor old cub (Homely) sitting in my yard that has no tag on it.

My point is this.....shouldn't these two relics be re-united in the best interest of all that even remotely care about this icon :?: Oh, silly me, I forgot. The sum of the parts is greater than the whole when it comes to the $$$ value of these little tractors.. :oops:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:18 pm

Is the brass tag the serial number tag, or is it a seperate one that was installed to commerate the first production cub.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:20 pm

The brass tag is not the serial plate. Without the tag, it is still #501.

It is from the point it time the tractor was given to the family that has the tag.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:23 pm

Well then, that is horse of a different color, isn't it. :roll:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:23 pm

Nope, it's still red.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:35 pm

IMHO, the value and historical significance of 501 is inherent, making the brass plate irrelevant. :wink:

Is the original 501 serial number tag still on the tractor :?:

Greg Norman

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:06 pm

Cub-Bud wrote:Is the original 501 serial number tag still on the tractor :?:

Exactly the proper question!!!! "Original" is the BIG Q. Otherwise, too much room for a shenanigan. I am also wondering what the engine serial number is...........
Ron

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:23 pm

Mike..appreciate all that you have done for the Winter Convention. There is much planned and good cheese besides.

I think I will go because I don't believe 501 exists.

I'm not from Missouri..but close :)

Mike

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:10 pm

YES, THE 501 SERIAL TAG IS ON THE TRACTOR. THERE IS PROVENANCE ON THIS TRACTOR. IT HAS ONLY HAD 3 OWNERS SINCE IT LEFT IH.......THE IH EXEC, THE McIntyre FAMILY AND THE CURRENT OWNER. THE BRASS PLAQUE WAS PUT ON AS A PRESENTATION PLAQUE.

MIKE
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Sun Dec 19, 2004 5:32 pm

Mike Schmudlach wrote:YES, THE 501 SERIAL TAG IS ON THE TRACTOR. THERE IS PROVENANCE ON THIS TRACTOR. IT HAS ONLY HAD 3 OWNERS SINCE IT LEFT IH.......THE IH EXEC, THE McIntyre FAMILY AND THE CURRENT OWNER. THE BRASS PLAQUE WAS PUT ON AS A PRESENTATION PLAQUE.

MIKE

Wow, I didn't realize there had been three owners to the tractor. I had sorta assumed (gets me in trouble every time!) that there was only two. I guess I'm jumping the gun to a yet-to-be-released article, but I bet that's a heckuva story of how the tractor's changed hands! I am assuming the McIntyre family holds the brass plaque mentioned? I'm assuming when they got 501 they knew what they had--what made them give it up??

GOOD STUFF!
Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Sun Dec 19, 2004 9:30 pm

Actually the family before has the plaque. I am going to try and contact them about photographing the plaque. I think I have tracked them down.
I am a little busy right now,
I just 10 hours writing letters and scheduling tours for over 300 people for the Winter Convention today. My butt hurts and so does my writing hand. LOL
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Return to “Farmall Cub”