This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmers Market

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Farmers Market

Postby KETCHAM » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:17 pm

Well I went to a local famers market today.I use to sell out front when I was with Tracy.Or sell my stuff at work.Today I went to a local one and had a great time.I always worked on Saturdays,so time off now is not a problem.I sold most of my stuff.Green beans were quite the catch and went real quick.$5.00 a plastic bag.People they were nice and you set up under a pivilon[?]. Cost was free to set up.Did make you fill out a paper so they know who you are and what you might bring.Looking forward to it next saturday.Got some $$$ to get going on next years garden.PS these markets beat the food stores big time.I bought from my neighbors and visa versa.Kevin :D :D :D
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmers Market

Postby Don McCombs » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:20 pm

I've never sold, but we do plenty of buying at our local farmer's market.

http://www.mountainfresh.org/
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

DanR
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37743
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby DanR » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:08 am

Our local market is on a downhill slide. Until recently it was a friendly place for customers and vendors. Then somebody decided we need a committee, by-laws, traffic cops, etc. They even painted spots on the pavement to control space used. A tongue lashing to anyone that steps on that spot! These few people are on a power trip and we are loosing customers and vendors. Sad to see your vendor friends selling from a gas station lot. We won't be back this year. Maybe next year will be better. :(
47 Cub (Glenda)
52 Super A
62 Cub (Genie)
43 H
42 M
In all things know which way the wind is blowing.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:11 am

Farmers Markets are doing well here. There is one in the parking lot of the county court house on Saturdays, and another at the county health office on Wednesdays. Someone, I an mot sure who, has even put up permanent stalls for shade at the one at health office. So far as I know, both are free to sellers. We are also seeing quite a bit of sales from local farm supply parking lots, grocery store parking lots, etc. None of which charge the vendor.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

lildog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45601
Skype Name: JohnRRatliff

Postby lildog » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:28 am

Our local farmers market is a good example of committee working well for it. At the start of the year, they started a token system that allows buyers to use credit/debit cards. Then, just last week, they added an evening market on Tuesdays for the folks who don't want to or can't be there on Saturday morning.
John "lildog" Ratliff: Facebook | Twitter

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”