This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

clutch adjustment on my 71 154 lowboy help

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
motox500
10+ Years
10+ Years

clutch adjustment on my 71 154 lowboy help

Postby motox500 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:14 pm

hey all, trying to assemble my 154 ,the clutch adjustment part and my question is the clutch brake bolt has two springs that go on that bolt according to the manual which one these springs go on the HEX HEAD side of that bolt? there is a long spring and a short one, the pictures in the manual do not do justice on deciphering it, any help would be appreciated, THANKS

BILL

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Garland Terry
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: clutch adjustment on my 71 154 lowboy help

Postby Garland Terry » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:55 pm

I know this one I know this one yea!! I have knowledge!! I was just adjusting mine a few days back. The shorter heavier spring goes between the bolt head and the bracket. The longer one goes from the bracket to the plate. Be sure to put the U shaped bracket in right. The hole that the pin goes through is offset just a tick. If it is upside down the U bracket will occasionally hit the clutch fingers. :{_}: :{_}: :-:-): GT

motox500
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: clutch adjustment on my 71 154 lowboy help

Postby motox500 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:02 am

thanks , the clutch brake bolt has that hole that is located about two inches more or less from the head of the bolt does the long spring rest on that side of the bolt [ the shank part] or does it rest on the other side of that pin hole where the threads start, sorry i am new to this set up, i could send a picture so you can confirm, THANKS for your time.

BILL

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”