This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Snakes

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44138

Snakes

Postby 157484 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:40 am

I own 80 acres southern Ohio. I am living in a trailer while I build my house. I recently looked yesterday and seen a snake skin by the blankets. I was wondering how to get it out.
and another thing How do you start a fire with a shoe lace?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Snakes

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:21 am

Put some moth balls around, the snake will leave, of course you may not like the smell either. LOL. To start a fire with a shoe lace, use a match. :lol: Or if you read some of the old scouting manuals, use it for the string of a bow, and wrap around a stick. use the bow to spin the stick in a piece of hardwood till the friction creates enough heat to ignite shavings pile around it.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:34 am

I recently looked yesterday and seen a snake skin by the blankets. I was wondering how to get it out.

Another thing How do you start a fire with a shoe lace?
Search the web with "start a fire with shoelace" and "ridding building of snakes" First couple of hits tell you how to make a bow drill and some suggestions on snakes.

One of the easiest things to do for snakes and other vermin control is to mow, keep, the grass around the trailer very short for 30 or 40 feet distance. You also need to remove the snakes food source, mice.

Might also try John's idea.
I have an excuse. CRS.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:39 am

Moth flakes better than balls. Chased raccoons out of our attic with flakes. Took the top off the vent and poured the flakes in. I changed the vent they came in with one I could put galvanized hardware cloth behind. My those flakes do stink.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”