This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

relearning to post photos

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

relearning to post photos

Postby Lurker Carl » Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:57 pm

Just trying to post photos now that hpphoto.com won't link any more. I thought I'd test on this forum. Hopefully y'all can see these shift forks:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:17 am

Trying again to make sure I can repeat it:

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:39 am

and again. Here's Rudi on Jethro at Cubfest NorthEast 2004, trying out his hiller:

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:58 am

:P Nice pictures Carl. Looks like you learned or re-learned the art of posting pictures very well. :P
Then came Bronson

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Dec 28, 2004 5:54 am

Sure a lot of red iron in that one picture.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:04 am

You learn good, and some great photos too.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:47 am

hpphoto.com was soooooo much easier to use. I'm using Comcast as my photo host. You can tell by my posting times that it takes a while to manipulate so the picture is sized correctly and the appropriate URL is used for the image. I suppose it will become old hat after doing it more often.

The red tractor line-up is the Chown's collection on display at the 2004 Cubfest they hosted.

Scott
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02769
eBay ID: scottdarowski
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub
55 Cub
62 CCO
63 CCO
70 JD 112

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:33 pm

Nice pictures. Lots of Red
scott
Image On To Bigger Things

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:42 pm

Carl:

Thank you for the pic of Ellie an me playing with the hiller. First time I have seen it!

At least your pics turned out. Most of mine didn't :roll: :( :roll:

Good pic of the shifter forks too!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:50 pm

Luker Carl,

Where was this Cub fest at? that third picture with Rudi the coutry side is just beautiful, may have to think about going to that part of the owrld someday.

John Niekamp

PS: Rudi, don't want you to feel left out, maybe it was you and Jethro that made the picture look so good, :D

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:56 pm

John:

That pic was taken in the side garden at Alton Chown's farm in Sussex New Brunswick, about 40 miles slightly north-west of me.

It truly is beautiful country. The valleys nestled amongst the ancient mountains (these mountains are part of the northern section of the Appalachian Mountains) are truly awesome. Surprisingly, they remind me very much of the Scharzwald and southern Bavaria where my family is from. Every time I go to Sussex it reminds me of when Em and I lived in Germany.

And that is Ellie-Mae in the pic. I wish Jethro was in running condition, but he isn't even whole anymore. His C-60 is on the shop floor. It weighs more than 5 lbs, so I can't lift it to mount it on the engine stand..... so it will sit there and wait...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:43 pm

WOW,

Rudi, you never surprise me. Your a man that gets (or has been around)that's for sure. If I remember correctly you said you've live in CA and now I hear you've lived in Germany.

I agree Rudi, that is some wonderful looking country you all have there. I just love going out to the Colorado rockies myself. When ever I get a chance to go out to CO I take it, even if it's a working trip.

Mary and I took our honeymoon trip out to Colorado in 89 on my Harley, ever been though any mountians on a mortorcyle. It's really breath taking. You see things that you don't have a chance to see from inside a car or truck.

Yes, DON'T be over duing it just yet, that C-60 will be waiting for you. OR you will have Miss nurse EM on your butt, lol!

Luker Carl, I just registered at HP photo and I too don't see how to link here.

I have been using this here site: http://www.theimagehosting.com/ and they are free and you don't have to register, but it's better if you do, that way you can go back and see your pictures. What I like about them, they give you the correct HTML tag for several types of different forums and uses, where all yo have to do is copy and paste.

John Niekamp

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:54 pm

John:

To clarify things a bit.

I was born and raised in Timmins Ontario -- about 300 miles south of James Bay - great Moose, partridge and duck hunting as well as the finest fishing around if you like walleye, Great Northern Pike, Muskelunge, whitefish, mudpout and other game fish.

When I enlisted in the military, boot camp was in Cornwallis Nova Scotia, then off the Kingston Ontario - Fort Henry is there, for my trades training. Then I got posted for 3 yers to Inuvik NWT - up on the McKenzie Delta - close to the border with Alaska. -- Fairbanks was down south :!: :roll: :D

During my tour in Inuvik I got posted for 6 months to CFS Alert. Look for Ellesmere Island on a map of Canada - then look for Thule Greenland. About 1600 miles north-west of Thule on the very tip of Ellesmere Island is Alert.....

Did 6 months in Ottawa and left the military as my then wife could not handle the cold and wanted to go back to California. She was from LA. Sooo - went stateside for awhile. Could not handle 85degrees at Christmas and no snow - so came back. Re-enlisted. Did 2 years in Ottawa (married Emilie during that time), did another 6 month tour of CFS Alert.

We got posted to Lahr Germany in 83 to 85. Back to Ottawa and then off to CFS Carp - the Diefenbunker - which was Canada's home for the politicians should the Ruskies decide to nuke us -- ah yeah right :!: :idea:

It was after almost 2 years in Carp that I said nuff was nuff and I retired from the Forces and moved here. Been here ever since.

Btw., I much prefer it here. Slower pace, and I got Cubs :!: :!:

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:17 pm

John,

hpphoto stopped linking to other websites, that's why I had to find another way to post photographs. I'm using my ISP now but it sure isn't as easy as hpphoto made it.

Rudi,

I still owe you and David the photo CDs. Maybe some day soon a special little package will arrive with your name on it!

See ya!

Carl

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:14 pm

Carl:

When you got a minute is fine :D

Return to “Off Topic”