This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Browsing gun shops today

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Browsing gun shops today

Postby Eugene » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:15 pm

The same munitions manufacturers for sporting firearms produce small ammo for the military and police. There are tons of small munitions being shot up in the war zones plus the military and police training sites in the US and abroad.

Then there is the munitions being shot up every day by civilians in the US plus being horded.

I spent two summers TDY at AP Hill, Virginia supporting the ranges. It wasn't uncommon to load up a 2 1/2 ton truck half or more full of ammo for a days shooting. This was mostly supporting the Army Reserves.

If you want to do more research on the topic. Look up the munitions manufacturers.
I have an excuse. CRS.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Browsing gun shops today

Postby BigBill » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:45 am

Big Mike wrote:It's just my opinion but I'm convinced that the ammo manufacturers are holding us up.......just as the oil companies did a while back. They all claim to be running three shifts and cranking out ammo around the clock. If that is indeed the case, there's LOTS of ammo stacked somewhere besides on the store shelves. It's all smoke and mirrors guys and will turn around soon.

I'm not sure what the deal could be with the imported ammo shortage. One of the russian ammo manufacturters just files for bankruptsy i believe it was the barnaul company. Heck all they had to do was to manufacturer more ammo and send it here. The russians have a different way of life because the dollars are here waiting for them and they just don't get it. I have emailed them many times.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”