This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My opinion too

Anything that might not belong on the other message boards!
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

My opinion too

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:51 pm

Applies to Canada too.....

Some wisdom here!

This is one of the better e-mails I have received in a long time! I hope
this makes its way around the USA several times over!!!!!

So Be It!

THE LAW IS THE LAW

So if the US government determines that it is
against the law for the words "under God" to be on our money,

then, so be it.

And if that same government decides that the "Ten Commandments" are not
to be used in or on a government installation, then,
so be it.

And since they already have prohibited any prayer in the schools,
on which they deem their authority,

then so be it.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to be a law abiding US citizen.

I say, "so be it," because I would like to think
that smarter people than I are in positions to make good decisions.

I would like to think that those people have the
American Publics' best interests at heart.

BUT, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE I'D LIKE?

Since we can't pray to God, can't Trust in God
and cannot Post His Commandments in Government buildings,

I don't believe the Government and it's employees should participate in
the Easter and Christmas celebrations which honor the God that our government
is eliminating from many facets of American life.

I'd like my mail delivered on Christmas, Good Friday, Thanksgiving &
Easter.

After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the US Supreme Court to be in session on Christmas, Good Friday,
Thanksgiving & Easter as well as Sundays.

After all, it's just another day.

I'd like the Senate and the House of Representatives to not have to worry
about getting home for the "Christmas Break."

After all ~ it's just another day.

I'm thinking that a lot of my taxpayer dollars could be saved, if all
government offices & services would work on Christmas, Good Friday &
Easter.
It shouldn't cost any overtime since those would be just like any other
day
of the week to a government that is trying to be "politically correct".

In fact....

I think that our government should work on Sundays (initially set aside
for worshipping God...) because, after all,
our government says that it should be just another day....

What do you all think????

If this idea gets to enough people, maybe our elected officials will stop
giving in to the minority opinions and begin, once again, to represent the
'majority' of ALL of the American people.

SO BE IT...........
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:56 pm

AMEN!!!!! Well said

John

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Carm » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:50 am

Sounds good to me!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:05 am

John:

Yes, it pretty much applies to Canada. I believe that we all have the freedom to worship as we please which means that Hindu's Buddists, Muslim's, and all the other sects/religions out there have just as much right to practice their faith as they wish.

However :!: And this is a big one :!:

Canada was founded as a Christian Nation by both the French Roman Catholics and the English Anglicans (both by the way are sub units of the original Catholic Church. I say this about catholicism since I am a Lutheran and very much a Catholic, just not Roman or Anglican.)

Since both our countries were founded as Christian countries, then as we welcome immigrants, though they need not convert to Christianity, they must accept the fact that they are no longer in the country they came from and their religion, although they are free to practice as they choose, is not the religion of our countries.

Also, by becoming Canadian or US citizens, it does not give them the right to force their beliefs on other Canadians or Americans, nor does it give them the right to force removal of Christian doctrine which forms the basis of our Constitutions because they are not Christian.

I also say this as a son of an immigrant - whom I am very proud of and I am proud to be first generation. Immigrants contribute mightily to the growth and deveolpement of both of our countries.

My father always said to us when we were young and asked how come he would not teach us German, his reply was "I am in Canada now and I do as Canadians do". Good intention, bad implementation. Most Canadians do speak at least 2 languages. English and their Mother tongue which may or may not be French.

Seems that this type of Political Correctness has not occured much until the late 70's and early 80's where these radicals have decided that the minorities must rule even though democracy says the majority rules. The unfortunate thing is, is that we let them by allowing our elected officials to become unaccountable. I think recall is a good thing and more politicians should think on that. Maybe then they will re-assess their situation and realize that their constituents make the decisions and they just deliver them to Congress or the House of Commons.....

I have received this email a few times and I agree with it completely. It is a shame that all the "bleeding heart liberals in this country have made Political Correctness a religion unto itself and have begun forcing it on the rest of the nation." I have said this many times - when Political Correctness and following the Party Line become dominant in a democracy, we no longer have a democracy but a totalitarian regime.

I sure wish our former Prime Minister Mr. Jean Chretien had understood this, as he has taken this country to the brink of Democratic Totalitarianism on more than one occassion and most definitely during his term of office. It was too bad most of the sheep did not understand this.

Ooooh boy. Methinks I am on my soapbox again. Time to get offn that pony.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:56 pm

THE LAW IS THE LAW

As determind by the Supreme Court. The source of the problem in my opinion.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:02 pm

The bad thing I see in this is it would penalize the government, bank employees, etc. Many of whom are our neighbors, but the politcians, Supreme court judges, etc. which work less than half the time anyway would probably still take them off, claiming it was an established precident.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:56 am

John...THOSE ARE GREAT SENTIMENTS..."So Be It" :wink:

Rudi...Sadly, all that "political correctness" came from the generation of protestors AGAINST the Viet Nam Conflict :shock: . The Barbara Boxer's...the Betty Fredan's...the Barbara Streisand's...all those Hollywood Liberals, and BLAH...BLAH...BLAH :evil: !!

We live in a GREAT country where those folks, listed above, have the RIGHT to decent and protest. :o SADLY what's happened, up until the latest Presidential election, is that THE REST OF US NEVER EXCERCISED OUR RIGHTS TO BE HEARD :cry: ! CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS are SPEAKING and VOTING like NEVER BEFORE :D . The LEFT-WINGED LIBERALS HATE IT :x ...but that's too @#*!@ BAD :lol: !!!
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:20 am

Country ...... I'll SECOND that !!! They used to be the "squeaky wheel". Now, they scream & holler "The world is coming to an end!!!" as soon as we start to voice our opinions that they HATE :!:
Ron

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Wed Feb 23, 2005 4:41 pm

This country was started for FREEDOM

It wasn't the freedom to tell others what to do or belive

It was the freedom from having others telling us what to do or belive

Not freedom=free

Is (should be?) freedom=tolerance from each other to each other

POLITICALLY CORECT=INTOLERANCE

I hate the fear mongering that is going on that is going on in goverment and at work

It used to be that peaple worked together as a team and took pride in their work

We all want to be respected

But it seems government corprations and a vocal part of the population think RESPECT=money or power

I feel you get respect by being respectable and giving respect to others and helping others

Thats what I like about everyone here is that they/we respect each other for our differences as well as simularites (likes)

I scares me how many kids (I am talking about the 18-25 year olds too) who think history is last years rapp star. Those can't rember (don't know) the past are doomed to ..........................

I'm proud of every one of you who have taken the time to teach a child and show them work doesn't have to be work if it is a source of pride of acomplishment

Nothing better than seeing a picture of a kid on a cub with a great big smile

please excuse my raving and jumbled thoughts but they are my thoughts and I stand by them
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:41 pm

We have a couple of 18-20 YO at work that can't identify JFK, Ronald Reagan, or our present governor in MS, Haley Barbour. This is a :( thing.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Postby Vern Campbell » Wed Feb 23, 2005 9:55 pm

As a high school teacher I have to agree that the thing that depresses me most is the apathy of the majority of my students. I teach history and civics. Civics is a required course for all freshmen at my school, and it is my favorite subject to teach. I'm proud that I'm a flag-waving patriot through and through and I love my country, and I was raised to respect it. We live in the greatest country in the world (just my biased opinion, no offense, Rudi :) ) where countless men and women have died to protect and defend the rights that my students, to a large degree, just take for granted. But it takes every song and dance I know to get most students fired up, when they should be so eager to get involved. It is sad.

But every once in a while I see some hope. For example, I'm taking 16 seniors to Washington, D.C. next month for five days. I wrote grants for the money, so their was no fund-raising on the part of the kids. BUT in order to go, they had to agree to attend mandatory 2 hour after-school seminars every Wednesday (we started the first week of Nov., we leave Mar.23). The session topics have covered everything from the history of the sights we will see to the policies and goals of the Bush administration. They have extensive homework and research every week, and will have to keep journals on the trip. After returning, they are doing a presentation to the school board. A huge amount of work, yet every student has lived up to the contract they had to sign, and several have told me that they have learned more about their country doing this than they have in any class. And the level of performance on their assignments has been amazing. I'm really proud of them.

Also, I have an ex-student returning with the 133rd from Iraq. He should be home next week. He has emailed me several times a week during the year he has spent in and around Mosul. When he was in school, he was one of the biggest screw-offs I've ever worked with, with no sense of purpose or drive. Even though I would never wish combat on anyone, Josh says that his service has been the best thing that has ever happened to him. He has direction, a new maturity, and enthusiasm. He was home on leave in Oct. and came to see me at school. At my request he spoke to my classes, and his message was one of love of his country, appreciation of what it stands for and what it offers, and a respect for education that I had never heard from him before.

So I think there is some hope for the future leaders of this nation. Well, I'll shut up now, not that anyone has read this far :) . I just wish some common sense would be a requirement for elected office at every level.
Vern.
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.--Will Rogers

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:03 am

Vern sounds like you have some students interested in what's going on. Hope you have a safe and interesting trip. My wife is also a teacher, and I couldn't handle students the way you and she do. You have my highest respect.

Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Vern Campbell » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:45 am

Thanks, John. :) Sorry I rambled on.
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.--Will Rogers

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:03 am

When I was in high school, I went to Washington, D.C. on a trip coordinated by the associate minister at our Church. This was a trip that the church put together every two years. Each person had to pay their own way; no fundraisers here either. I enjoyed the experience very much... so much that when my wife and I married, we chose Washington as our honeymoon destination.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Vern Campbell » Thu Feb 24, 2005 8:53 am

This will be my fourth trip to D.C. with students, and I've taken my family 3 times with my kids at different ages. It really is an incredible city. You get a feeling there that you can't get anywhere else. I'm looking forward to seeing the WWII monument. It wasn't finished last time I was there. We might even get to see the cherry blossoms--I haven't timed it to see them before. :)
Vern

Return to “Off Topic”