End Results!

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.

Moderator: Team Cub

End Results!

Postby SONNY » Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:32 pm

These are pics. of 3 of the gardens after plowing!
garden#1
Garden#2
garden#3

#1 was a real bear to plow this year!---as you can see the big pasty slabs that turned over are still soppin wet and run together from too much rain this growing season!
I put a lot of homemade dirt on this one then plowed it under. By spring it will be mellow!--THIS is one reason that I have to get the gardens fall plowed or I wont grow anything next year!---Plowing ground up like this in the spring is a wast of time and fuel!
Ole 404 was snortin and doing wheel stands trying to pull the 2-bottom plow!---almost flipped it over backwards a couple times when it got pullin so hard!

Garden #2 got 30 bags of 16to1 chopped leaves, some chicken manure, the old compost pile and whatever else I could throw out there to turn under!
It plowed up a little nicer than #1 did!

garden #3 was the old sweet corn field and it plowed up perfect! 404 really cruised thru this one and didnt break a sweat in the process!

Still have 4 or so gardens yet to turn over if everything holds together and the weather holds up!---Still time for cub plowers to get in on the action!!! thanks; sonny
SONNY
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 00000

Re: End Results!

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:41 pm

#1 looks like it was awfully wet, and #2 a little wet. If you hve clay like ours it would be hard as a rock when it dried.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government
to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the
government lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." Patrick Henry
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: End Results!

Postby KETCHAM » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:19 pm

Yes been a tough year.With all my oaks dropping their leaves,I mowed them over and threw into the garden.I'll lime it later.The farmers here have been running the sub-soilers I see.It was dry up till yesterday here.Ground still had a lot of mosture in it though.Its wet out now,needed a good rain.Kevin
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!
KETCHAM
5+ Years
5+ Years

Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Return to Farm Life and Better Half Forum