This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Play, er, ah WORK time!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1950 Cub
2000 Simplicity Landlord DLX
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

2014 LS XR3032H w/ FEL and BH
Circle of Safety: Y

Play, er, ah WORK time!

Postby SundaySailor » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:54 am

Well good folks. The time has come for the unveiling. I've been chomping at the bit for some time wanting to get this project under way.

Item: To convert my old Simplicity Johnny Bucket Jr. to be able to be used on my Cub. With the manufacturer's help, this has been accomplished. Mind you, this is not the version offered from Johnny Products. That one is the Johnny Bucket Sr. - a larger version of what I have. Please keep that in mind.

Some videos in action:

Here's a shot of a couple photos: Image

I do not work for Johnny Products, nor do I receive any kind of reimbursement for this or any other products they make. I'm just enjoying having my Cub as a more universal tractor like I've always wanted.

I have to tell you, this really makes life easy. No, it is not a front end loader, nor an IH 1000 loader, etc. But, it sure makes life more enjoyable, and adds to seat time.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me via PM or even here.

Again, I'm not a salesman. I don't want to be. Many of us would love to have a FEL on a Cub, but the price and availability makes it almost impossible. This device sure helps fill a nitch in my case.

Regards, and Happy Turkey day to all! :||): :||): :||): :{_}: :{_}: :{_}: :-:-): :-:-): :-:-) :-:-):

Sorry, I don't understand why the youtube videos will not show up. Any help on that? This is my first time trying to use it.

:shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops:

Oh! Lift height from rear of bucket to floor is about 14 inches. Lift height from front of bucket to floor is about 20 inches.
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Play, er, ah WORK time!

Postby Donny M » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:00 am

SS,
Very cool :!:
I edited the post so the youtube video's are visible. All you need in the url is the code after the = sign.

jsharp1071
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08833
eBay ID: jsharpinnj
Tractors Owned: 1955 FCub
54 grader leveler
Fast Hitch
Platform carrier
Pennington 60'' mower
BF Plow
Johnny Bucket Loader

Postby jsharp1071 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:07 am

Very nice. I did not think there would be enough oomph to lift the front wheels. Impressive. Joe

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:14 am

Photo courtesy Rick Prentice
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:22 am

Nicely done!! That looks quite nice!

Is this being operated off of the Cub's hydraulics or its own apparatus? Very nicely done and well fabbed!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:25 am

WisconsinCubMan wrote:Nicely done!! That looks quite nice!

Is this being operated off of the Cub's hydraulics or its own apparatus? Very nicely done and well fabbed!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Mike,
If you look close at the pictures the lift and dump are operated by linear actuators. Kind of hard to see as the are the same color black.

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:32 am

Sure beats a shovel and wheel barrow.
Trent McPeak

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:32 am

Cool... So it is being run by 12 Electrics? I see the actuators now (or at least the one hanging down from the torque tube)...

Very nicely done! I like the way it looks!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Image Image

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years
1988 JD 322 Garden Tractor with hydraulic scoop, 54" scrape blade and 48" mower deck, Haban 3 pt hitch sickle bar mower

Postby SundaySailor » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:39 am

Mike,

Check out my photo gallery - Johnny Bucket Project completion (I think that's what I named it).

Yes, I did convert to 12 V. This was done mainly because I had a charging problem. Between the wiring, light switch, voltage regulator, etc., I decided early on to do the conversion. I'm very happy with the results.

Just for the record: This currently has a tooth bar on it. The tooth bar can be removed to provide a smooth cutting lip, or I can even install a skid plate for moving snow (what the heck is that stuff?) on it. I do have the skid plate as we do occasionally receive significant snow falls every blue moon or so.
Though trillions and trillions of eyes have been watching the skies for as long as human memory exists, no gods nor angels have been seen or documented outside of religion. The number of spaceships being sighted however has become much more prevalent.

MaineDad
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04260
eBay ID: mainewh
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall Cub
1963 Wheel Horse 753
1996 Wheel Horse 314-8

Postby MaineDad » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:57 pm

I bout a JBJR from John a few years back for a Sears GT I had and it worked great. I must have moved hundreds of yards of loam, dirt, etc. when I built an addition on my house. John stands behind his products, so if he's selling them, he'll back them!
Micah in Maine
1952 Farmall Cub

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub

Postby Kodiak » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:43 pm

Looks like they are avalible as a off the shelf item for the cub too :{_}:

http://www.johnnyproducts.com/J_Bucket_HTMs/JBpage_Sr_Farmall_Cub.htm
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:19 pm

Awesome job SS!! Great project an very well thought out! :{_}:
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

SundaySailor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby SundaySailor » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:39 am

ricky racer wrote:Awesome job SS!! Great project an very well thought out! :{_}:

Ricky,

I can't in all honesty take credit for this finished project. JSharp1071 provided the Farmall Cub receiver brackets from his Cub's scrape blade. He also provided much needed measurements to help get this rolling. That was a huge help! Thanks Joe for helping out.

I sent in photos to Johnny Products from where I placed my original Simplicity mounting bracket under my Cub to let John (from Johnny Products) see how it might come out. Between the ideas, you now see the final product. John is an engineer, and he does wonderful work.

Thank all of you for the compliments. I just wanted to share something with you that might help make your work chores easier to polish off. I still can't get the grin off my face from knowing what this device can and will do.

Happy Turkey Day everyone! And as Country Elliot would say, "Eat more 'possum". :lol: :lol: :lol: :{_}: :{_}: :-:-): :-:-): :-:-):

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:47 am

You know, I was looking at the pics and videos above again, and it looks to me as though you could use the existing TC front rockshaft to actuate the bucket by attaching a rod from the rear of the V to the rear of the bucket frame. I know that there was a discussion about strength of the TC bearings in front, but I am wondering how much weight would be on them with that leverage point?

This is a neat set up!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Image Image

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:07 am

Thats a great idea and way more affordable but yet simple to use too. I like it. I may go that route on my fcub or cub cadet too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Farmall Cub”