This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Guess whats for breakfast and supper??

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Guess whats for breakfast and supper??

Postby deputy jailer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:39 am

I spent my Thanksgiving (I already took care of the turkey) with my Dad and boy was it worth it and made breakfast very delicious :D Been working a lot less and hunting a whole lot lately and boy does it make a man feel better :D I had to fight the amish off my property every morning of deer season so my bucks were long gone by then but did managed to fill one of my tags last morning but was just as happy with the doe as with a monster buck because as you can tell from my picture I love to eat :{_}: Just wanted to share with ya.

Killed these Thanksgiving morning :{_}:

Got this last morning of season :{_}:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Guess whats for breakfast and supper??

Postby Joe Malinowski » Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:27 am

Wow Podge we hardly have any rabbits left around here due to the coyotes. I always remember you can't make soup out of a rack looks like a nice tasty doe. Glad to see you are enjoying yourself.
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:08 am

The ice storm here in jan. really provided some great cover, me, my dad and 2 other fellows got about 170 rabbits all season last year but we hunted pretty hard alomost everyday through the season. My kids love em :D

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:20 am

deputy jailer wrote:The ice storm here in jan. really provided some great cover, me, my dad and 2 other fellows got about 170 rabbits all season last year but we hunted pretty hard alomost everyday through the season. My kids love em :D

Bunnies! Yum! Folks used to tell us kids it was "city" chicken. Even when we found out it was rabbit, we still loved it!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:44 am

Bill E Bob wrote:Bunnies! Yum! Folks used to tell us kids it was "city" chicken. Even when we found out it was rabbit, we still loved it!
That brought back a memory. When Dad was a kid he lived in Wellston (suburb of St. Louis) for a while. He used to tell about seeing a woman grab a cat up off the sidewalk and smack it's head on a car bumper, then say "Ummmh, squirrel for supper".
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Postby LiL' Red » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Joe Malinowski wrote:Wow Podge we hardly have any rabbits left around here due to the coyotes. I always remember you can't make soup out of a rack looks like a nice tasty doe. Glad to see you are enjoying yourself.

Boy can I relate to that, because of the coyotes, stray cats and retails we have no bunnies, quail, or pheasants.

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:57 am

I used to hunt rabbits all the time when I was young. Now you rarely see them. Darn coyotes, bobcats, owls, and hawks have taken their toll. Same with quail. :x :x
Trent McPeak

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Postby KETCHAM » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:02 pm

We do have a few rabbits living in the tree line here at the house.Rabbits breed a lot so that is why they do.Food for all others.Been mild this fall, not much moving.No deer in the back yard,kind of strange.Need some meat myself this year.Nice!!!! Kevin glad to hear you are doing well!!!! :shock: :shock:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”