This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lookee What I Just Acquired

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Lookee What I Just Acquired

Postby Rudi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:21 pm

Well it isn't exactly for a Cub, but hey.. when one doesn't have a 154, it will find a way onto a regular Cub :big smile:

I found this on Kijiji when I was told that there was an IH 54" blower available, and when I found it, I was kinda disappointed, but then again not. I was kind of put off by the asking price as it was way out of the ballpark even on a good sellers week. It is missing a few things but is mostly all there. Most of the missing stuff I can probably fabricate. Gonna need a good parts list for it though.. I wonder if it is in the CBI-3 or the CBI-4? . For some reason the guy who has it was convinced it was a rear mount 540 rpm blower. Well it isn't exactly huh :?: But... I had never seen one up here before, I think they are pretty rare. After I emailed him with the corrections, he offered it to me at a rather ok price and rather than see it get scrapped, well ..... it has now become part of the family. As soon as my van is fixed ( :censored: blown head gaskets, needs a timing belt, :shock: gonna get new water pump and thermostat at the same time -- I don't wanna see the bill :roll: :cry: ), I will go get it sometime next week.

What I am going to do with it yet, I am not sure, but I will probably think of something. I am kinda curious as too how far these things will actually toss snow..... so it might be a good research project in a bit :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

phildidit
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30114
Tractors Owned: 1951 cub "Ms. Scarlett"
1962 Leora's loboy "Starburst"

Re: Lookee What I Just Acquired

Postby phildidit » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:36 pm

i'm sure you'll have that thing up and running in no time Rudi!! good find hope it all works out for you!! :D

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:43 pm

That is nice Rudi. Where does it get its power? Cub might not have the torque to get it going real fast. There are videos on youtube of a similar machine on a Cub though and as recall it was throwing snow 30 or so in the air.

Neat
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

dirt devil
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 04461
Skype Name: dirtdevil919
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1963 Farmall Cub
1965 IH Cub Lo Boy
1964 Cub Cadet 100
1967 Cub Cadet 123

Postby dirt devil » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:08 pm

Mike

It is powered off of the rear PTO with a double v pulley and then drives a drive shaft under the tractor that goes to the gear box and drives the chain to the auger.

Rudi

At the end of the 154 parts manual there should be a parts break down. I know that I have found one somewhere in the manual cd before.
Dave

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:21 pm

Mike:

There is no way any standard Cub can power this and itself with any expectaion of success. The 154 Cub Lo-Boy it was designed for can however. The thrower will have to be powered separately no matter what on a standard Cub. Even a 2 stage has to have it's own power. The Cub is simply the transport mechanism :D This is a single stage snow thrower, and I am not sure how well it will perform. The one you may be refering to is this one, which is a 2 stage snow blower.

Rejean has been a big source of information on what I want to do. He has had his running for a number of years now and I am hoping to have my own done this year with luck. I have all of the required pieces.. just need to put it all together.. :roll: :arrow: gonna depend a lot on how cold it is over the winter and how warm I can make the pole barn :lol:

Dave:

Thanks, I knew we had it somewhere.

Found it :!: This is an IH 50 Snow Thrower.

Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:27 pm

This looks like a good set up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_ZJ_32vMdA
"The time you spend making sure you are safe is probably the most productive time you can spend!"
George Willer

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:20 pm

Lots of luck and fun with it.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:06 pm

Mike:

You are right. That is Rejean's second video showing some of the details. He posted that when I asked him for some more detailed shots so I could figure out how to do it for Granny.

Bill, it is gonna be fun for sure.. I like adventures :!:

TJG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TJG » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:16 am

The video shows a manual lift for the rear blade but I don't see any way to lift the front blower if the snow is really deep, or the terrain rough. Perhaps if a guy had one of those Johnny Bucket mounts I saw on the forum recently you could mount the blower to it and use the actuators to raise/lower the blower. The only way to change the discharge angle appears to be manually.
Todd

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:38 am

I'm anxious to see what you come up with, Rudi. That is a great project.

:twisted: Few snowblowers will rival a Gravely when it comes to snow cannons. :mrgreen:
Sorry, I couldn't help myself :||): We have about 3" of that white stuff on the ground right now and still coming down. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:52 am

Cool Rudi

Awesome find :{_}: :{_}: Hope you are able to get it all hooked up and play with it this year :D

Any idea if EZ got his 130 going and GW's snowplow mounted :?:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:06 pm

Here is the pto on my friends 154 with a McKee giant snowblower:

Carl is right, hard to beat a Gravely.... (I have one in the driveway, afraid to use it)
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

ToddW
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 54911
Tractors Owned: -
1951 F-Cub
1960 Yellow Loboy
Despeeder, FH Rototiller, / FH York Rake, FH plow, 152 Disk plow, Woods brush mower, Wagner Loader, Grader Blades, 23-A Disc Harrow. Spike tooth harrow
FORD JUBILEE with Sherman 12-speed
1953 Ford F-100 Jubilee
Cadet 108 with mower and snow thrower -Cadet 1650 with deck and thrower

Postby ToddW » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:35 pm

nice find Rudi!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:20 pm

Carl:

I hear that the Gravely's are pretty good at tossing a rooster tail of snow a fair distance. Not sure how far, but sounds like they are pretty slick.

Dad built this one way back.. no wheels - just skids. He used to push it through the snow. This one is circa 1960 -62 or so.

Re-engineered and mounted on the Putt-Putt in 1964

If I remember what Dad said, I think he used a 5 hp Briggs & Stratton on the blower. Still have it in one of the garages across the street.

Global warming is some strange.. you all gots snow down south, and all we got is RAIN !! :big give up:

Larry:

Those McKee blowers are really something.. powerhouses.. :D

Billy:

I have no idea if EZ got the 130 done or not.. nor the blade. Hopefully he will pop in and let us know.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Todd:
TJG wrote:The video shows a manual lift for the rear blade but I don't see any way to lift the front blower if the snow is really deep, or the terrain rough. Perhaps if a guy had one of those Johnny Bucket mounts I saw on the forum recently you could mount the blower to it and use the actuators to raise/lower the blower. The only way to change the discharge angle appears to be manually.
Todd

In his second video which he uploaded to show me how he built the blower mounting structure you can see the screw adjustment bracket he built to change the height of the blower. Not sure how high it will go, but I assume probably about 6 inches I guess. And yes, he didn't use the chute crank on the blower as far as I know.. he may not have had it. This blower is from an ATV unit from what I understand.. and is 54-1/2" or something like that. Easy to find in the Bagotville area of Quebec, but darn near impossible here. Mine is a custom built blower cage.

Return to “Farmall Cub”