This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 3 point hitch and pix.

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
DanBuckman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18942

154 3 point hitch and pix.

Postby DanBuckman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:40 pm

I bought a 154 almost 3 weeks ago, it's not really what I wanted (diesel and a little larger please). So I didn't want to put more money into it than I could get back out. It already has the creeper, but lacked the 3 point so lasts week I started making one, and finished this morning. The only thing that I didn't already have was the pins needed to attach the arms to the tractor. Was going to make them but thought I should check the tractor store first, $3 each. I liked that so much I also used them for the arms on the rocker shaft.
The build is a reflection of what I had laying around. Cyl is 2.5" bore 8" stroke, I still need to put a breather in the top port and or do more with the hydraulics than come off the T. Hitch frame is all one piece. Replaces the draw bar, on the left it bolts to a tab (part of a piece that extends back along the frame and is welded. on the right it bolts (2 on the back and one on the side) to a box that is bolted on top of the frame and down to the rear. I did a smoke test: hooked the arms under something that wouldn't move and it picked the front of the cub off the floor with no effort or deflection. ( I didn't jump up and down on the front of the tractor thou).
Still to do is the attachment for the top link,, Already welded on top and bottom of the 3x5 angle that supports the rocker are two pieces of 3/8 x1 1/2 x 6 strips with holes. Just need to take a slice of the same 3x5 angle (flipped 180 it will make a box with the other 3x5 angle) , put holes in it and weld on what ever I decide for the link. If it wears out or I don't like it I can just cut another slice and do it over.\

[img][img][img][/img][/img][/img]

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

DanBuckman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: 154 3 point hitch and pix.

Postby DanBuckman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:43 pm

Tried to add the Pix as attachments but it looks like it didn't work.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:51 pm

Dan - if you want to upload as an attachment you do not need the img tags. Just below the text box where you type your message is a line where you can attach a file. It starts out with "Filename" on the very left side of the screen.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

DanBuckman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DanBuckman » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:06 am

I tried the Upload the first time but didn't notice the pixel restriction.
To preserve as much detail as possible I re rotated the one close up Geeezz.

IMAG0173.jpg

IMAG0175.jpg

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:41 am

Dang :o That's some first class fabricatin' :!: :-:-):

gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel

Postby gitractorman » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:32 am

WOW - nice work! Don't forget to add a place to attach the top center link of the hitch setup. That should work nicely.

Bill
Cub Cadets 682, 1811, 1864, Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 Diesel with FEL, 60" mower, 50" Tiller

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:43 am

Nice work great idea.

The 154 will grow on you for sure just wait and see. Having the creeper with the 3pt is a big plus because you can operate the rear tiller and slow enough for the snowblower attachment too.

I have an extra creeper and i'm also thinking of adding it to my 154 that has the 3pt hitch someday so i can add a rear tiller. My other 154 has a creeper but no 3pt hitch.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

DanBuckman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DanBuckman » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:03 pm

Not sure how this forum works yet, like replying to a post within a thread?
I guess since there seem to be so few posts it doesn't matter.

So in reply to " it will grow on you:"

I wanted something bigger and definitely diesel. In fact I guess one of the things on my mind when I got this any way was I have a little 3 cyl Kubota diesel motor I could stick in it. D722 I think, or some letter followed by 722 I'm too comfortable sitting here to go look.
I tried the cub out on mowing some lawn I hadn't bothered with since the end of Sept and The smooth quiet low rpm motor has me sold on it for mowing. It just has a nice sound.
Since the Diesel motor is about the same Hp it would be trading a quiet but temperamental and fickle gas motor for a noisy but more sane diesel.
Oddly I think I'll stick with the gas.

I have about an acre of stone parking lot. I'm thinking york rake. for the 3 point.

No matter how much I like the sound of the cub, it wouldn't make me like plowing snow.
So the cub would just make me not like it longer.
I use a Skid loader with a 7' light material bucket, or a Michigan back hoe. Michigan has a Detroit 3-53.
I love the sound of that too, but only for a few seconds.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:06 pm

My local lawn mower repair guy calls my int154 with the 60" deck a "mowing machine". I have a little under 2 aces to mow and i'm under an hour now. Depending on how much snow we get the snowblower may come in handy when i run out of room to push it. It seems to me were getting threatened snow now every 3 or 4 days just like the summer rain. I think were going to get pounded with snow this year. So far i have 3 tractors with snowplows ready to go(backup). My int154 front end loader backhoe project isn't finished yet. (more backup & fun)
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

DanBuckman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby DanBuckman » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:12 pm

Bracket for the top link.
I made it extra long in case I wanted to attach something else to it, then needed the two 2" holes to access the back of the mounting bolts.

Pair of 1" bolts in the link holes, just for the picture, because they are shiny and show where the pins can go.

For now the pulley guard is just bolted to the Left ear. It should prevent the top link from hitting the pulley, we shall see.

Also done are the tabs to hold the fenders (half way down the hitch)

TopLink.jpg

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”