This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Cadet Narrow Frame Rear PTO

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub Cadet Narrow Frame Rear PTO

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:10 am

I'd like to get some information from a Cub Cadet narrow frame owner who has installed a REAR PTO :D . On my Model 73, I believe a standard Farmall Cub PTO can be installed (with the shift lever mounted on the RIGHT side of the transmission) :? . Does anyone out there have an installation manual that shows this :? ? THANKS MUCH Guys! 'Country' :wink:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:16 am

Hi Country
I was visiting a friend last week,funny enough he is going to install a PTO on a cadet 100. It is out of a Farmall Cub.He did not have a manual but he showed me where the knock-out was on the right side of the transmission, where the shift lever would go. I would like to do that myself on one of my own.His 100 is all apart so will not be finished for awhile.So I will have to wait awhile for results. Bruce 8) :)
owner of 48 fcub 34206 Cub cadets 108/102 with mower,snow thrower and blade

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:15 pm

Hey Bruce...THANKS MUCH my friend :D :D ! Maybe you could give him my email address: edomans@charter.net and he & I can get in touch about it :wink: .

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:57 pm

I have the installation manual for a rear PTO in a Cub Cadet. None of you mentioned if you have the correct main shaft for this installation. All the NF(narrow frame) Cub Cadets need this main shaft which is part # IH-387298 R-11 plus bushing IH-350859-R1. These may still be available from a Cub Cadet dealer. There are quite a few Cub Cadets out there that had this option but the strange part is IH never made any implements to utilize this accessory. Have seen flat belt pulleys from Cubs on some. The PTO turn at 570 RPM in the wrong direction so you need to find a Hub City reverser(about $400) to be on it also.

I have an Original and have a non-working rear PTO on it for show. I am working on putting the on/off linkage on it. The Original used a different main shaft and isn't available and I haven't found any for sale that I can afford.

E-mail me and I will E-mail you copies of the PTO Installation Manual(I think it's 6 pages but I send 3 pages at a time to keep the file size down)
The Geezer from IHregistry.com which crashed and is now Cub Cadet Collectors.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:12 pm

THANKS Bill...I'm emailing you for the copies right now :D ! APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP! :wink:
'Country'

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:03 pm

Country
My friend has not got a computor and he lives about 40 miles away.I will have to let him know about the Main shaft and bushing though.I thought the pto shaft would just slip in. I learn something new every day on this site. 8) :)
owner of 48 fcub 34206 Cub cadets 108/102 with mower,snow thrower and blade

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:32 pm

The Cub and Cub Cadet PTO's are the same, except for the rear bearing plate/housing. The one for a Cub Cadet is notched on the bottom to clear the filler plug on the rearend cover. The Cub is not. The top shaft of the transmission has to be changed as William said, because the standard Cub Cadet shaft does not have the rear splines for the PTO clutch to engage. The Original cub Cadet uses one P/N shaft, and all the other IH built gear drives use another P/N. The Cub PTO shift linkage will work for the Original, 70, 71, 72, 73, 100 models. Other models have different/additional linkage. As William said, they are not good for anything (run an elevator), they turn slower (and backwards like a Cub), but they look good.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:48 pm

Hey Paul...THANKS MUCH for the additional information :D . Even though a Cub or Cub Cadet Flat Belt Pulley runs COUNTER CLOCKWISE... :idea: all you need to do is TWIST the flar belt and it'll run a feed grinder, or corn sheller CLOCKWISE. Even at the lower rpm's...I believe it's still enough to operate those 2 items (if they were bolted to a small, flat single axel trailer) :wink: .

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:56 pm

Elliot: I sent the Manual to you but 9 of the 12 pages bounced back. Do you think the file was to big or think it was some sort of spam? I sent you an E-mail to see if that came through. I copied the E-mail address of your E-mail. Lt me know how many pages to send, Thanks.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:40 pm

wdeturck He probably has a memory limit that the additional pages exceeded. Country will have to print out the ones he has and then delete them to get three more pages. I had ac ousin E-mail me pictures and ran in to a similar problem..
Bill
Last edited by beaconlight on Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:57 pm

Hi Bill...The files were just too big, and my email service provider sent me 2 emails saying that the files were too much memory for my email account.

THANKS for the effort though!

Best regards,
'Country'

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:52 pm

Set you email client (Outlook Express, Netscape etc.,) to check for mail every say 2 or 3 minutes. Don't hurt none, but sure helps keep you ISP offn your butt when stuff like this comes in.

As you know, I get a LOT of email - I have my email client check every minute -- I get files sent a lot to me and they do not bounce for exceeding mail box size etc.

Try that and then ask Bill to send them to you again.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

wdeturck
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby wdeturck » Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:41 am

Hi Elliot: You can't print the E-mail out as that rolls the page to a page & half. Take just the files and move them to a known folder and then print them out. If your printer is set right they print on a sheet of paper. I will send you 2 pages at a time. We are having a Cub Cadet Meeting at my house today so I will be busy. We formed The IH Collectors Chapter #34 for Cub Cadets. We are on the IH registry's server but we have our own Web site
http://ihregistry.com/cgi-bin/discus1/discus.cgi
Check us out. Thanks

Dave Hull
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38506
Tractors Owned: Cub demo

Pto follow up

Postby Dave Hull » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:05 am

Interesting info, I have a Howard rotovator tiller here that I thought might work on my FCUb. Does the pto turn too fast, around 2000 rpm's I believe, at least that is true for the 154 lo-boys. Does the cadets turn at 570 or 2000? Also, if you use a creeper drive, what does that do to the pto speed?

Thanks
Dave H in TN

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:54 pm

If you have the right model Rotovator, it was designed for the cub pto speed and direction, however the creeper drive is needed. You need the one that mounts between the left final drive and the transmisison. There was one that was made for Aubern trenchers that mounted in front of the transmission, but it slows down the pto also, where as the Howard one does not. IO'm not much of a Cadet authority, but I believe the Cadet pto also ran at engine speed unless you also bought one of the bolt on reverser/reducers.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Cub Cadet”