This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I fish from shore (i'm more stealthy) "quiet"

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

I fish from shore (i'm more stealthy) "quiet"

Postby BigBill » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:54 am

Be very quiet when fishing from shore. Do not step on any rocks on the ground when walking up to your fishing spot. The rock actually sends vibrations into the water telling the fish your there. Don't make any noises so clear your throat at the car before you go fishing. I have spooked big bass at the shoreline when i coffe'd. I just watched there wake as they swam away. Be very quiet with your tacklebox too. You need a very small penlite so you an see your lures in your tacklebox. Use the sky to attach them to your snap swivel. Make sure your fishing reel is in good condition too and well greased. Using a noisy reel can send noises down your fishing line like a guitar string plus vibrations too. I have seen the sunfish listening at were my line enters the water because there getting vibs from it. I also lube my line and my guides on my rods too to eliminate any noise i can.(reel magic)

Big Large Mouth bass are very smart and hard to catch unless we do it right.

Wear polarized glasses too and watch behind your lures when reeling then in. You will see the bass making practice runs at your lures. This is a time when you can adjust your speed and add a scent to your lure. Using a scent on your lure helps too.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Re: I fish from shore (i'm more stealthy) "quiet"

Postby beaconlight » Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:58 am

Big Bill I hear everything you say but i still quit when the 5 gallon bucket is full. How much more fish can I use. That is the beauty of owning your own 3 1/2 acre pond.
Attachments
013_13a.jpg
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:20 pm

beaconlight wrote:Big Bill I hear everything you say but i still quit when the 5 gallon bucket is full. How much more fish can I use. That is the beauty of owning your own 3 1/2 acre pond.

I throw everything back after there weighed in at a local deli were he records my catches.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:31 pm

I figure I feed them they can feed me.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:15 pm

You know a few years back our goverment did a survey(god only knows how much it cost us) about what size fish to eat so we would have an endless supply of fish to eat. They actually said to eat the smaller Bass and put the larger ones back so they can breed to keep the numbers up. If we take out all the big bass who are breeders we will not have enough to breed for the future. It makes sense to me.

I was fishing one day at lunch time and witnessed the smaller pickerel feeding on the bass fingerlings(baby bass) i took out a rapala in baby bass and caught most of those pickerel. Of course i threw then back so they could eat baby bass on another day. This one place is fished so heavily they even take home 4" sunfish to eat heck thats bass bait size if they only knew. With the bad times were in right now the pets and wild life are catching the brunt of it.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”