This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carry All

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jason (IL)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60936
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub SN 8664
48 Cub
50 Demo
54 Cub
3-55 Cub
2-56 Cub
55 LOBOY SN 876
57 LOBOY
58 French Cub
2- 60 LOBOY
69 Cub
54 Super M
42 H
48 H
57 300LP
57 450
Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 149
Circle of Safety: Y

Carry All

Postby Jason (IL) » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:48 pm

Thanks to George Willer for posting my drawing for me of my sketch of a Carry All for the Cub with no Fast hitch. All three of mine have a fast hitch and so it was hard to dimension the drawing yet alone come up with dimensions to draw the rough print. My idea came about while I was in the middel of teaching my CAD class one day and so I sat down a drew it up. It was drawn some what work like the arms of a Tree point. There is a bracket that bolts to the draw bar and there the two pivoting arms come off. The rear rock shaft does all the lifting. I was thinking that it would sort of fold when picked up. If anybody has an opinion of what might not work they can let me know and I'll see if I can fix it. The dimensions I need is how far off the groung is the drawbar and far is the top link of the rockshaft from the ground. Also the amount the rockshaft move would be nice also. The picture is here.

http://members.toast.net/gwill/album/Tr ... %20Doc.doc

Also the lumber On my platfor is 3 2x8's and a 2x 12 for the front piece.

My Cubs are in hibernating for the winter. I was forced into buying a Big tractor and loader for my landscaping business this past fall and the John Deere is taking the abuse. I can't wait to open up the garden with them this spring though.

Enjoy playing around.
Jason Mackinson

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:01 pm

Jason, I think you are right about the unit wanting to fold when lifting. You can overcome this by using a stacked pair of arms on each side rather than just a single pivot arm between the drawbar and the frame of the platform.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Russ Leggitt
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 38655
Tractors Owned: [18] CUBs from 1947 thru 1974; "B" Farmall, [2] John Deere MTs; Ford 600; Ford 4000; and a 1956 IHC S112 Pickup [CUB Hauler]

Postby Russ Leggitt » Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:19 pm

Hey Jason,

I like your idea, man. That looks great and you have given this project
a "lot" of thought. The thing that you might want to consider is the
angular effect on the platform when the rockshaft is lifted. It shortens in length relative to the pivot point of connection on the drawbar. I have
given this a little thought w/o the benefit of going to the CUB.

You being a CADD man could figure this out quiet easiely though. I
think if you draw everything in the relative plane it will come to you
readily.

You have certainly given food for thought. I just might work on this a
little myself this weekend while working on "Windy".

What CADD system do you have. We might be able to exchange files.
I can save in GCD, tiff, or DXF.

See Ya,

Russ L.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:14 pm

I've been thinking about building one for quite a while and have a couple possible suggestions.

Remove drawbar and mount to final drives. The longer arms will give less rearward travel as it moves up and down.

Use a one pivot link for the piece from the rockshaft rather than one with 2 pivots to prevent folding, or could be done with paralel arms as BD suggested
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Dan Robertson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47421
eBay ID: gotowin
Tractors Owned: 55 cub,
74 cub,
Cub Cadet 1515,
Case 580B TLB,
53 Ford Jubilee,
MF 271XE,
JD 3130,
JD gater

Postby Dan Robertson » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:00 am

Another thought would be to remove the 2 bolts that lock the drawbar in position, thus allowing it to do the pivoting up and down. The carry all could be attached directly to the drawbar using Jason's attachment brackets and pivot bolts. This would position the carry all closer to the rear tires while increasing the weight lifting capacity. I don't have a cub now with this type of drawbar, but I think the drawbar has a pretty good swing of motion top to bottom.
:) Dan Robertson :)

:oops: We all make mistakes :oops:
I try to keep mine to a minimum

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:21 am

Hi All

I was reading this post and was wondering, how much weight can be put on the drawbar and or final drives. I also forget how much the rockshaft is rated at for lifting capacity. I was just thinking of the weight of the carrier plus the load, what would be to much. When any type carrier is use are front wheel waits needed. I can't help on the design, but just thought I would post some questions. THANKS !! Paul K. in N.H. :roll:

Dan Robertson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47421
eBay ID: gotowin
Tractors Owned: 55 cub,
74 cub,
Cub Cadet 1515,
Case 580B TLB,
53 Ford Jubilee,
MF 271XE,
JD 3130,
JD gater

Postby Dan Robertson » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:54 am

This is a fast hitch carryall and with it being mounted close to the rear tires the hydraulics will lift the box rounded up full of mulch. It will lift slightly over half a box of moist (not soaking wet) dirt. The box measures 24" X 52 1/2" X 14" deep. The grader blades help keep the front end on the ground since I do not have front wheel weights.
:) Dan Robertson :)

:oops: We all make mistakes :oops:

I try to keep mine to a minimum

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:02 am

I was thinking along the same lines Dan suggested. It would also be possible to remove the drawbar and use the drawbar side plates as attaching points for lower links. An advantage of using the drawbar itself is that it will control side movement.

The rockshaft should lift around 600 pounds. That would include the weight of the carrier plus the load. It may also have to be factored down a little depending on the geometry of the carier movement.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:04 pm

[quote="PAUL K. in N.H."]Hi All

I was reading this post and was wondering, how much weight can be put on the drawbar and or final drives. I also forget how much the rockshaft is rated at for lifting capacity.

With respect to weight, one thing I had thought about was building a caster wheel or caster wheels on each corner. Something about the size of a wheelbarrow tire, maybe even a Cub front tire/rim. That would take stress off the drawbar/rear end but still give the versatility of a carrier integral to the tractor. It would also eliminate the need for a connection to the rockshaft, the only down side would be the carrier would always be held at one height.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Jason (IL)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 60936
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub SN 8664
48 Cub
50 Demo
54 Cub
3-55 Cub
2-56 Cub
55 LOBOY SN 876
57 LOBOY
58 French Cub
2- 60 LOBOY
69 Cub
54 Super M
42 H
48 H
57 300LP
57 450
Cub Cadet 123
Cub Cadet 149

Postby Jason (IL) » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:16 pm

In the picture I drew it with it in the up position. Now if the pivot arms were shorter that would get it closer to the back of the tractor. I suppose you could also move to arms up to the top bar ab sorten the them that way too. I was allso thinking that the two arms should have two pieces of metall welded in between them to prevent swaying and serious side to side movement. I also thoght about using the Cultivator brackets that attach to the final drive the hold the rear sweap arms. From there run a pipe across and let that pivot with the rockshaft.

Like I said all my tractors have a fast hitch and all three have their own Carry All, snowplow, cultivators and one point plows. So it hard to work with out dimensions, I never thought about how far the Drawbar sticks out beyond the rear tires. I though I would just throw the idea out there.

I'll see if I can get another drawing done. I have a few more ideas.

Return to “Farmall Cub”