This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Some Help to Get to Cub-Arama Maybe??

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Some Help to Get to Cub-Arama Maybe??

Postby Rudi » Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:44 pm

Guys:

I am not sure about the rest of you, but I know I would surely like to go to Cub-Arama or RedPower or a Stateside CubFest some day.

However, I, like probably many of you will have to ensure that there is something in it for my better half.

Em has posted a thought or two over on the Way, Way, Way Off Topic Forum - Guys, Ask Your Wives, that I think behooves some thought.

This summer when we were lucky enough to have some of the Cub Forum folks stop in a visit. Em and I met some really wonderful folks and we look forward to meeting more. We both would like to make it to Cub-Arama, but Em would be much happier if she had some kind of connection with other Cub wives/girlfriends/partners. Her idea has a lot of merit.

I know some have popped in and posted their thoughts, but I think y'all should stop in, have a read, post a response but most of all, talk to your other halves and see what comes out of it. And no, a Cub Widows support group is not what is envisioned, but someplace where they can get to know one another and create friendships that could be enhanced at the shows when they get to meet for the first or one of many times.

I do know this much, all it can do is help get some of us to the shows :!: :idea: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:00 pm

Rudi, you can re-assure Em that she will enjoy herself. My wife has more fun going to tractor shows than just about anything else. Cubarama, Cubfest, the Tri State Show at Portland Indiana are all great shows. The folks you meet at these shows are what makes them so much fun. In fact, the activities we are involved in at Portland are more fun than the show itself. The group camping, the excursions out for breakfast and dinner. The cook-outs.
We are planning for some similar activities for Cubfest this year and I will be posting information soon. But we have scheduled a cook-out / carry-in for Friday evening and the church across the street from my house and the park is going to cook a home made chicken and noodle dinner for Saturday evening with all the trimmings for a modest price. You will find this type of activity at just about any show. We also like to see the ladies participate in tractor activities as well.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:47 pm

If EM likes antiques there are a lot of shops within easy driving distance of Cubarama. Red Power is in Lebabnon Tn. this July, which is just 25 miles from Nashville. Music and shopping galore. Probably would have to get a room in Nashville anyway.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:48 pm

Rudi,

Cathy drags me off as the pack mule for her shopping expeditions; so I drag her around to tractor shows, auctions and junk yards as revenge. Em need not fret about becoming bored or lonely, the shows are social events. Plenty of wives to exchange hubby horror stories with. As an added bonus, the established events have extensive craft exhibits, vendors, and food! However, Cathy would enjoy having female companionship to explore regional retail shopping in search of exceptional bargains.

Make your reservations now at the Madison Inn (573-783-2500) in beautiful Fredericktown, MO for the last weekend in September! No excuses.

Carl

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:03 pm

BigDog and Carl:

Have no fear, I have reservations already made at the Madison Inn. They have been made since October ifn I remember correctly. I made JUST IN CASE, cause even if we end up not being able to go, the room will get rented anyways. But JUST IN CASE we can go, then we have a place to stay.

I know Em would love to meet Janet and will be looking forward to seeing Cathy again as well.

I sure hope that the Better Half Forum becomes a popular site for our Better Halves and I know that it will only make this site even more exceptional than it already is. Truly a home for the Cub Family.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:21 pm

Our anniversary is September 26th so It would be great if Merry had something else to do besides tractors. She understands, but tractors aren't her thing :?
She would love the antiques but I'm afraid I'd need a bigger trailer :lol: :lol: 8)

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:50 am

Hey Rudi my FRIEND :D ...I "second" everyone's comments here! I'm sure that EM will enjoy coming to CUBARAMA this year :wink: . I'm planning on coming too (if work will permit) and now that the Cub Cadet is finished Carol Elizabeth will have a tractor to play with and parade on 8) !

Lebanon, TN (Red Power Roundup) offers plenty of hotels closeby on I-40. We're about 2 hours away...so we'll travel to and from.

As for "Lurker Carl"...I know that "Package Mule" feelin' myself :roll: , having visited nearly EVERY FABRIC STORE and QUILT SHOP here in the Southeast :shock: !

You always meet the NICEST FOLKS at tractor & engine shows...and in my 25 years of going to them...I NEVER met anyone who wasn't DOWN-HOME FRIENDLY and QUICK TO WANT TO MAKE YOU FEEL WELCOME :wink: !
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:31 am

I've never been to a CUBARAMA. Where and when is it. Would love to meet some of the people here.

I had plans to go to RedPower last year since it was only about an hour away from my Dads place, but plans didn't work out.

I do want to take a trip this summer for either a Truck show (I have a nice '65 ford) or a tractor show. Let me know what you think about Cubarama, maybe I can work it out.

Guy [/code]
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:04 am

Guy, Cubarama is the last week-end in September in Fredericktown Missouri. Sponsored by J.P. Tractor Salvage. Check the link for additional information.

http://www.jptractorsalvage.com/cubarama.html

It is an opportunity to meet a lot of your friends from the board and you will see more cubs in one place than anywhere else since IH closed the Louisville plant.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:44 pm

Rudi, as much as you like the Cubs, it would be a crime if you didn't come to Cubarama if at all possible. Anni isn't a tractor show person either, but she still had a great time in Fredericktown, and enjoyed meeting all the people. SE Missouri is great in the fall. Hey.. marriage has to be a little give and take right. :wink:

Do you have a good trailer for the Clampets :?:

Its almost worth the trip just to see JP Tractor Salvage :roll: :roll:

Can you imagine the sound of 150 to 175 Farmall Cubs all running nice at the same time 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :?:

See you in Fredericktown next September :D

Ken (48 Cub)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40023
Tractors Owned: 1948 FCub
1957 LoBoy

Postby Ken (48 Cub) » Wed Feb 02, 2005 12:31 pm

Update on the Madison Inn - I just called and made my reservation for Cubarama and am glad I did. She said that there were only 3 rooms left.

Better Hurry! See ya there. :lol:
Ken, Annie the '48.

I think we gotter if'n she don't jump, Andy Griffith.

Return to “Farmall Cub”