This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Thank you for your time!

Prayer Requests, Family Announcements, Weddings, Anniversaries, Birthdays, etc.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Thank you for your time!

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:27 pm

I just got the following in an e-mail and although I'd seen it before I took the time to read it again. It made me think of all the folks here on this forum who give so unselfishly of their time to help others. If you would take a few moments to read this (even if you've read it before) I'm sure you will find it worth your time. :D
I hope you enjoy it:

It had been some time since Jack had seen the old man. College, girls, career, and life itself got in the way. In fact, Jack moved clear across the country in pursuit of his dreams. There, in the rush of his busy life, Jack had little time to think about the past and often no time to spend with his wife and son. He was working on his future, and nothing could stop him.

Over the phone, his mother told him, "Mr. Belser died last night. The funeral is Wednesday." Memories flashed through his mind like an old newsreel as he sat quietly remembering his childhood days.

"Jack, did you hear me?"

"Oh, sorry, Mom. Yes, I heard you. It's been so long since I thought of him. I'm sorry, but I honestly thought he died years ago," Jack said.

"Well, he didn't forget you. Every time I saw him he'd ask how you were doing. He'd reminisce about the many days you spent over 'his side of the fence' as he put it," Mom told him.

"I loved that old house he lived in," Jack said.

"You know, Jack, after your father died, Mr. Belser stepped in to make sure you had a man's influence in your life," she said

"He's the one who taught me carpentry," he said. "I wouldn't be in this business if it weren't for him. He spent a lot of time teaching me things he thought were important...Mom, I'll be there for the funeral," Jack said.

As busy as he was, he kept his word. Jack caught the next flight to his hometown. Mr. Belser's funeral was small and uneventful. He had no children of his own, and most of his relatives had passed away.

The night before he had to return home, Jack and his Mom stopped by to see the old house next door one more time.

Standing in the doorway, Jack paused for a moment. It was like crossing over into another dimension, a leap through space and time The house was exactly as he remembered. Every step held memories. Every picture, every piece of furniture....Jack stopped suddenly.

"What's wrong, Jack?" his Mom asked.

"The box is gone," he said

"What box?" Mom asked.

"There was a small gold box that he kept locked on top of his desk. I must have asked him a thousand times what was inside. All he'd ever tell me was 'the thing I value most,' Jack said.

It was gone. Everything about the house was exactly how Jack remembered it, except for the box. He figured someone from the Belser family had taken it.

"Now I'll never know what was so valuable to him," Jack said. "I better get some sleep I have an early flight home, Mom."

It had been about two weeks since Mr. Belser died. Returning home from work one day Jack discovered a note in his mailbox. "Signature required on a package. No one at home. Please stop by the main post office within the next three days," the note read.

Early the next day Jack retrieved the package. The small box was old and looked like it had been mailed a hundred years ago. The handwriting was difficult to read, but the return address caught his attention. "Mr. Harold Belser" it read. Jack took the box out to his car and ripped open the package. There inside was the gold box and an envelope. Jack's hands shook as he read the note inside.

"Upon my death, please forward this box and it's contents to Jack Bennett. It's the one thing I valued most in my life." A small key was taped to the letter. His heart racing, as tears filling his eyes, Jack carefully unlocked the box. There inside he found a beautiful gold pocket watch.

Running his fingers slowly over the finely etched casing, he unlatched the cover. Inside he found these words engraved:

"Jack, Thanks for your time! -Harold Belser."

"The thing he valued most was..my time."

Jack held the watch for a few minutes, then called his office and cleared his appointments for the next two days. "Why?" Janet, his assistant asked.

"I need some time to spend with my son," he said.

"Oh, by the way, Janet, thanks for your time!"

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away."
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Thank you for your time!

Postby Rudi » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:21 pm

I get this email occasionally as well and I do agree wholeheartedly with the message and with BD's sentiments. So "thank you for your time" as well. Giving of your time is the one thing that you can give without regard to outside influence and really is a wonderful gift.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Thanks for shearing. That was very nice. You are correct about the peolpe on this forum.
Thanks
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks for sharing BD. I have been the recipient of much help from countless members of this forum. At times I may be caught up in the enjoyment of a Cubfest or whatever and may forget to say thanks to someone for their help.

So, whether you helped me with a repair, explained how Right Guard in the brown can is best for spud guns, drilled holes in my carb, or just about any one of numerous acts of kindness toward me, I want to say Thanks! and give yourself a big ol' hug! Image
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks, BD.

And "Thank you" to you all for sharing your time and expertise.

Roy
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

VinceD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 65626
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Frodo"
1949 Cub "Sam" (future Project)
1965 Lo-Boy "Pippin"
1940 H "Walter"
1953 SC "Gimli"
Cub Cadet HDS 2155

Postby VinceD » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:55 pm

Thanks, BD, for sharing that and thanks to all the forum members who give so freely of their time and talent. :D :D :D
Vince
High atop Hummingbird Hill
In the Missouri Ozarks

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:43 pm

That just about says it all. Thanks
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

cubguy's dad
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49265
Tractors Owned: 1938 John Deere A
(owned 38 years)
1953 Cub
(owned 21 Years)
1963 Olds Cutlass
1970 Ford F-350
(Cub Hauler)

Postby cubguy's dad » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:28 pm

Great story,thanks for the reminder

Time is most valued when simply given away freely and that is what makes this place great.

Thank You and everyone else on this Forum for your time.

Mark
Experiance is knowing what NOT to do the next time.......
1937 John Deere A (Big John)
1953 Farmall Cub (LiL Red)
Lots of projects.

Corky's Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30607
Tractors Owned: Just One:
1957 Farmall Cub
"Corky"s Cub"

Postby Corky's Cub » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:16 am

Darn you Mr. BigDog...reading this brought back many wonderful memories that brought tears to ole Corky's eyes!!!

You know I'm just kidding....thank you BigDog, for reminding us all what's really important!

Charles
I found this old Cub, Forgotten and Forlorn,
With pistons and valves frozen and worn.
Help from my buddies on Farmallcub.com,
And an engine from Ralph, (37’s the one),
Now ole Corky is running and back to life,
Much to the surprise of my dear, dear wife!

Alan Riley
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71328

Postby Alan Riley » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:43 am

Thanks, BD. This is the first time I have seen this story. It makes one think about what is really important in life.
Old Age: The phase of life when nothing works and everything hurts...

Return to “Sharing with Friends and Family”