This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Receiving virus messages from the cub site

How do I.... ?
Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Receiving virus messages from the cub site

Postby Rick Prentice » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:07 pm

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with the cub site. I have a really good anti-virus program (Kaspersky) that repeatedly flashes a virus detect when I open the cub site. I can go on the net everyplace else with no issues, soon as I open the cub site the virus box flashes and the Kaspersky detects and blocks the virus. I also notice things have been locking up when I go from forum to forum. The line at the bottom of the page says waiting for Googleads. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated,

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Receiving virus messages from the cub site

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:29 pm

I have not been seeing anything. does your program give you the option to see more info, showing what the virus was, etc. That info would help.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:33 pm

Rick I'm running 2 virus programs and I'm not seeing anything.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:44 pm

Rick, mine takes a while going from forum to forum also. I also get the Googleads message. Usually I will run my scan whenever the message pos up and the scan will find a cookie (not one of Miss Janet's) and quarentine it. I'm good to go as normal for a short while before it is back.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:09 pm

Rick:

I used to run Kaspersky when it was part of Iolo System Mechanic Professional. About 2 years or so ago, Kaspersky Labs and Iolo parted company when Iolo's own Anti-virus suite became available. But I do have some experience with it, and Iolo's is still similar to Kaspersky in how it runs.

Googleads or Google Ads which is what it is, appears as Malware/Spyware to some anti-virus programs like Iolo and Kaspersky. Iolo (and from what I understand Kaspersky still does as well), will see things like Google Toolbar Updater.exe, Googleads as a virus or malware and block them. If you wish to allow Kaspersky to ignore Google Ads, then you will have to allow it. If you do not want to allow Kaspersky to allow Googleads, then ensure your quarantine options are enabled.

I won't allow the ads, I let Iolo do what it wants to do and then just run my System Tuneup every couple days. That seems to take care of the problem. Hackers have always used legitimate programs/sub routines to attack other computers... that seems to be how they get their jollies. That is one of the reasons why I let Iolo do what it wants.

I very seldom have problems with googleads from this site though.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:26 pm

Thanks guys. Whatever's going on, it just started today, and only when I'm on this site, never had any issues before. I'm running the newest update right now from Kaspersky, so I'll see what developes after the update and report back.

Thanks again,
Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide

Postby Rick Prentice » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:21 am

My Kaspersky is still catching the suspect items, but I clicked on the "Don't show this box" and now I only see things if I go to the Kas' program and type either "detected" or "reports" at the bottom of the page. As long as it catches and blocks things--ok with me.

The http: waiting for googleads issue that I get when navigating around the cub site, I found if I just wait it out(usually only 3-4 minutes) things will continue on as normal.

Thanks,
Rick

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”