This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Chicken Salad Dip

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Chicken Salad Dip

Postby Dan England » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:53 am

Thanks, Emilie, for your kind comments on the chowder. We are looking forward to having fresh, home-grown tomatoes for your salsa recipe. Now for the recipe of a dip which we really like.

Two 10 oz cans of chicken
One 1 oz pkg Ranch dressing mix
Eight oz sour cream
One 7 oz ctn pimento cheese sandwich spread
Mix well. Let set at least two hours before serving.

It tastes much better than it sounds. Janie

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Wise Owl
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Wise Owl » Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:46 pm

Janie

This chicken dip sounds like it has a lot of protein which is good. What do you use to dip i.e. crackers, vegetables, tostitos or ???
Your Pimento Cheese Sandwich Spread - is it like a Mayo or a Cheeze Whiz type spread. I am not quite sure if we can get that here. What company makes it? And what do you serve it with? I would like to try it this weekend.

Is this a family recipe passed down the generations?

Emilie

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Chicken Salad Dip

Postby Dan England » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:47 pm

Emilie: A friend served this last week. I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to pass it on to others. She had Ritz crackers to dip with. I think any butter cracker would be good. Also chips. We have Mrs. Weaver's brand pimento spread (made in Topeka,KS) but you can probably use whatever brand is available in your area. It was served with sandwitches but could be served with, I think, a favorite food of your choice. Enjoy, Janie

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”