This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Fruit/Berry Crisp Topping (No Oatmeal)

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Wise Owl
10+ Years
10+ Years

Fruit/Berry Crisp Topping (No Oatmeal)

Postby Wise Owl » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:32 pm

This is an apple crisp type topping that I have adopted because 3 of my children are allergic to oatmeal. I usually make both types because I like the oatmeal one as well.

I use either apple alone, blueberry alone or I add any combination of pear, strawberries, rasberries to the apple or blueberries. Sometimes I use a mixture of all depending of what's hanging around or in season. I add no sugar or liquids to the fruits because of Rudi's diabetes and I find the fruit/berries have plenty of juices and are quite tasty.

This crisp mixture makes a large amount of which I keep any unused portions in the refridgerator for up to six weeks.

6 cups brown sugar
8 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups non-hydrogenated margarine
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Mix well and cook at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”