This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Switch

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
dbanjo0335
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29687

Switch

Postby dbanjo0335 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:24 pm

For those of you who are like myself in that you have a setup where you ground the mag to kill the engine, what type of switch do you use to do this? I have been through a couple in the last year that just haven't held up. The one currently on the tractor laid down on me yesterday and I want to replace it with something that will hold for a while. I've been using push-pull switches, but I wonder if I'd be better off with a momentary push?

Thanks,

Del

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Re: Switch

Postby KETCHAM » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:00 am

What kind of switches you using???? Cheep ones from a parts store or ones from a tractor dealer??? I have not had a problem with mine.I do know the contacts in mine one are getting bad,I have to push it hard once in a while to kill the mag.Kevin :shock: :shock:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:31 am

The ones form dealers are good quality, and when TM reopens in a few weeks they also have good ones. On the ones I bought, the knob from an original as well as the mounting nut can be reused making it difficult to tell it is not original unless you look behind the dash.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

dbanjo0335
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29687

Postby dbanjo0335 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:05 pm

I must admit that I've been getting them at a parts store. They're proving themselves to be cheap, but inexpensive they are not! These things run approx $15. I'll try getting one from a dealer and see if that improves quality. Even if the price is higher, it'll be worth it for a switch that will hold up longer than 4-6 months.

Funny thing is, before I got this tractor it was my Grandfather's. He had the same cheap auto parts store toggle switch on that thing for 10+ years and never had any trouble with it. The only reason I replaced it when I got the tractor is that I replaced the wiring on the tractor and replacing the switch was only logical. Besides, it was all rusty and just looked like it would fail at any moment. Now that I have replaced the old switch and thrown it away along with a couple of replacements, I'd be proud to have Ol' Rusty back!

Del

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”