This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Old Farmall Cub Pictures

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Like-em-all
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30134
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub
1953 Farmall Super A
1952 Ford 8N
1958 John Deere 320S
1958 John Deere 420S
2008 John Deere 3005

Re: Old Farmall Cub Pictures

Postby Like-em-all » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:48 pm

Dusti,
Your family's genealogy, its history and its Cubs, all in a well written account make for some interesting reading. I also enjoyed being able to associate the story with those priceless photos. It would be hard to top that, but treat us to another chapter soon.

Maybe during your search for Poppy's Cub you could direct your attention to one of its nearly identical brother/sister Cubs out there :) .

Bill
"One Cub leads to another..." -- old International Harvester proverb.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

stods
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23464
Tractors Owned: 1959 Cub 19?? Super A
1952 Cub
1966 Cub

Postby stods » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:56 pm

Beautiful pictures and great story, THANK YOU, Doug

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:02 pm

Dusti,

Well done! Your story was a great read and the pictures were wonderful. Chapter 2??????

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Paul F
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48336
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall Cub, 'Lucy'
1956 Farmall Cub, 'Louie'

Postby Paul F » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Dusti,
Thanks for sharing your story and photos. Like Bill said, I am looking forward to chapter 2.
Paul F

Dusti Snider
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24739
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall "M" - Restored
1949 Farmall Cub - Original "Blue Ribbon Reconditioned"
1953 Farmall Super AI
1934 Farmall F-12
1929 Farmall Regular
1956 Ford 640
1972 Ford 4000

Postby Dusti Snider » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:22 pm

Wow...I'm really kinda humbled at the many kind responses to my rambling. I'll try to locate somemore Cub related pictures at my Granny's the next time I'm down there. The ones I've posted are from scans I've made and the reprinted large images hang on our den walls with a host of other vintage black and white pictures of both sides of mine and Sherri's family.

He was and remains my hero, and I'm glad I took the time to tell him so in a letter I wrote to him on his birthday in 1998. Thanks for letting me share some of his life with ya'll, and I'll post some more later when I find something to go with it. A couple years before he passed away I gave him a journal to write stuff to me in, but I haven't as of yet had the heart to get the book from Granny. I've asked her to write down things that Poppy didn't, even giving her a notebook of her own a few weeks for the same purpose. Someday it'll be worth gold to me...

Thanks again,

Dusti

Member IHCC Chapter 37 & 42 - North Carolina

Billy Fussell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 75959

Postby Billy Fussell » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:31 am

Dusti,

I truly enjoyed the pictures and the narrative. You do have some memories. And the fact that you got him to write down some of his recollections and now your Grandmother, will be priceless, more especially, in years to come. The older you get, you will realize more just what you have. Life is nothing but memories. And they are precious. I noticed that he was in the Seabees in WWII. I was in the Seabees in Viet Nam, so that small fact made it more enjoyabe to me. Thanks so much for sharing. Hope you can come up with more pictures and stories.

Billy

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:45 am

Thanks for sharing Dusti. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

dakcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93313

Postby dakcub » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:46 am

I too enjoyed it very much.
Robert (finally chime'n in) Miller

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:21 am

:) :) Great pictures! Reminded me that I have a picture of my Dad's and our neighbor's cub the day it was delivered. They went in together and bought it. Unfortunately, my Dad wasn't home at the time of delivery so he didn't get in the picture. Neighbor is the one with the one arm, lost it in the first world war, and his daughter is on the cub. Pretty skimpy outfit for 1948. I bought the tractor from the daughter in 2004 and had it shipped to California. She bought our house in New Jersey when my Mom and Dad followed the kids to California. I took my wife back to show her where I was born and raised about 15 years ago and the tractor was in the garage. It sat there for another 10 years before I got the bug and bought it.
Always try the easiest thing first.

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:35 am

Great story, Dusti. And wonderful pictures.

Now I have two (2) requests. The lady reporter that wrote the little story for the DSCF event would like me to collect some personal stories like this that she could publish in the paper is some column for "remembering our past". So here are the requests.
1) Dusti, may I please use your wonderful story as the first of the collection that I will store and then forward to her for publication.

2) Will all the rest of you please submit your stories (if you wish to share) so that we can have a wonderful collection.

If this is a success, I will post any and all articles that she publishes for our enjoyment. This could be a very fun thread.
:{_}: :{_}: :{_}:

Thanks.

Roy
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522

Postby grumpy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:00 pm

A few SeaBees on here I see. Can Do. (used to anyway)
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

Dusti Snider
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24739
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall "M" - Restored
1949 Farmall Cub - Original "Blue Ribbon Reconditioned"
1953 Farmall Super AI
1934 Farmall F-12
1929 Farmall Regular
1956 Ford 640
1972 Ford 4000

Postby Dusti Snider » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:34 pm

Brent,

That is a neat ol' picture as well! Looks like the neighbors daughter was a little ahead of her time with that outfit...gosh that's kinda skimpy by my standards now. Kinda wonder how she'd fill about seeing it now, asssuming she's still around. It's also amazing seeing a man standing there, proabablly in his late 40's or early 50's having lost an arm serving our great country...almost 90 years ago!

Roy,
I'd be honored for that little short story to be included in that newspaper article, I would like to get a copy of it though, even if I had to buy it and get it mailed to me. I told my Granny on the phone tonight about the many responses to her abbreviated life story and she was moved. Granny thought it kinda funny that so many people could be so fascinated with the story of her life and one little red tractor. She still holds out hope that I will find that tractor, or at least by one like it, but she is always interested in the progress on my old "M" and I hope to have it finished in the next few months so that she may enjoy it. Feel free to use the story as is, or I can add some more detail to it, as may be desired. Thanks so much for asking, and most of all thanks for the "sound" of laughter and the smile that I could hear on my grandmothers face tonight...that makes it all worth while.

Dusti

Member IHCC Chapter 37 & 42 - North Carolina

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:48 pm

A truly enjoyable thread. That generation was remarkable. 8)

greg49
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby greg49 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Dusti,

What more can I say that has not been said? this is all wonderful.Thank you for sharing.The fact that you posted this gives more exposure to the fact that you are searching for that special cub, and I'm sure I speak for everyone on the Cub forum in hoping you will find it .One never knows...
I also took particular interest in the photos because I aquired a dump rake probably exactly like the one in the photos.I have disassembled it completely,sandblasted and painted it the original colors that were used in it's era (after research).Now it only needs assembly in order to go back to work.
With a little help (it is all heavy) that will be done and I hope to post photos.
Thanks again,
Greg
"Greg 49"
1915-1917 McCormick Tedder ,1920's Deering Hay Rake, 1949 Cub,Oliver horse drawn plow 83n,syracuse plow,hussey plow, various planet jr. cultivators

krose
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12121

Postby krose » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:20 pm

great story and great pics.
Kevin

Return to “Farmall Cub”