This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Info on a Super A

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Vern Campbell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04664
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub

Info on a Super A

Postby Vern Campbell » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:35 pm

What have you fellas done to me? :) Ever since I inherited my dad's Cub 30 years ago, I had been content with one tractor. Then I found this forum and with your advice I have made my little Cub better than ever. 8) AND now I know that one is not enough! I've been looking for another Cub, but I found this tractor advertised not too far from me:

"Farmall Super A cub exc. shape, runs great, new paint and stickers, new tires, working hydraulics. $2k"

I know a Super A isn't a cub, but that's about all I know. What can you tell me about a Super A? How does the asking price sound? I'm hoping to look at it tomorrow. Thanks,
Vern
There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of 'em have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.--Will Rogers

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:52 pm

Vern,

Buy it :!: :!: Dicker if you can but it sounds pretty 8)

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:55 pm

Vern - the super A is a nice little tractor. A little bigger and more powerful than the cub. The pto is a standard pto and the super A has hydraulics. It would make a great companion for your cub so it will not get lonely. The price isn't all that bad. Offer him $1500 and work towards a deal with him between his price and yours.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:12 pm

Vern,
Don't feel bad .After I finished my cub,I was looking for a Super A and I brought home a 350 utility w/a loader.I sold the loader and got the tractor for free.Now I wish I had Donny's christmas present.I would not need to do so much work. I would play all day long. :lol:
1960 f-cub,IH Cub Cadet model 76, 125,
1957 IH350u

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:49 pm

A Super A is a 3/2 scale model of a Cub. Legend has it they dropped an A into icy water and it shriveled up into a Cub, but for the benefit of the Cub lovers everywhere, I propose to you that it was the other way around. IH hooked a Cub up to an industrial-strength air compressor and blew it up to 3/2 size.

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:56 pm

Well Matt, I can see that hangin' around us guys here on the forum has been an influence on you....... :wink:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:23 pm

Vern:

Don't feel too bad. As soon as I can afford a Super A, I am going to get me one. It sure will help in doing the chores, mostly in the bush that the Cubs just cannot do safely.

I will always have my Cubs and they will be my primary tractor passion, but the SA seems to be a nice addition to the stable some day.

Hey, I even don't mind my father-in-laws Massey... :oops: :roll: :lol:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”