This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Watch your pets when there trying to say something

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Watch your pets when there trying to say something

Postby BigBill » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:14 pm

My neighbor two houses away said we have a blackbear around at night here. My deer feeder garbage pail of extra corn was knocked over. I had it strapped to a tree. Lastnite while letting my cats in the house they were huntched down walking to the door looking in a 360 degree's for something nearby. I never seen them do that. My neighbor came over today and said the bear tore her bird feeder down lastnite. I knew something was here lastnite too and all my scraps that are left out for the deer are gone with the corn feed too. There has been times here were bears have entered houses here looking for an easy meal. I told the misses to stop putting out feed for the deer till the fall. Within the past year we have bobcats, lynx, mountainlions and now bears. I have wild america in my backyard.

My three feral kittens are now grown predators and there killing everything thats in my yard now. I'm seeing dead squirrels and dead snakes too besides mice, moles and chipmunks. The squirrels heckle then and there starting to team up and stalk together. There fun to watch.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

CountryCub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 32466
eBay ID: Seth.James.S
Tractors Owned: Partial ownership with BRay
1951 Cub- Andy
1949 Cub- Amos
1957 Cub- Elsie
1955 Cub- Swamp cub
1948 Lo-Boy- Anna
1949 H- Boss Man
1950 C-
1953 Super C-
International Cadet-Scooter
Cub Cadet- Louis Martin

Re: Watch your pets when there trying to say something

Postby CountryCub » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:09 pm

There's a trail cam picture of panther dragging an eight point by it's neck, right here in Kinard, i'll try to post it.

"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today." --Robert E. LeeImage

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: Watch your pets when there trying to say something

Postby BigBill » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:02 am

I seen a catamount at my camp in VT. (mountainlion) and it was about 180 to 200lbs. I been tracking them well over 10+ years in the higher elevations while deer and bear hunting. But i have seen there tracks as far back as the early 90's/late 80's. I was tracking a bear and came across the mountainlion tracks. Its a wake up call when you see the size of these tracks. In VT we have fishers and mountainlions besides blackbears/deer. In Ct I have seen bobcats/lynx and heard recently of a mountainlion spotted nearby too. Now we have blackbears closeby too. I only run my deer feeder from the fall till spring to feed the deer and see the young ones.

I been hunting blackbears since the early 70's and from the tracks and the size of the droppings i'm seeing in CT i figure it to be around 200lbs + and about 3 years old.

I have wild america in my back yard.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”