This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

US shrimpers near end....

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
fisherman jon
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28462
Tractors Owned: 57' Cub "Joyce"
08' 2605 MasseyFerguson

US shrimpers near end....

Postby fisherman jon » Wed May 26, 2010 1:30 pm

been thinking alot lately about how our government has turned its back to us citizens over and over to please foreign nations and big business and how the long term effect is now affecting us at a personal level.....

would like to share a short vid of a show my wife's uncle Danny did explaining the plight US shrimpers face. It's really a shame we allow import shrimp that has been raised in tanks, feed of chicken crap that falls through from the cages above, filled full of anti-biotic and juck just to keep um alive long enough to harvest and feed to your family.... these practices would never be allowed inside the US, but our government will allow the Asian countries to flood our market with this vile product dropping prices way beyond the point anyone could be competitive with.... killing an entire US industry and fishing communities up and down our coasts in the process. Heartbreaking....

http://www.wfn.tv/video/video.php?video=401258
1957 Cub "Joyce"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Re: US shrimpers near end....

Postby BigBill » Thu May 27, 2010 6:59 pm

Its not just the shrimpers it all of our industrial might that has been given away too. I've seen our competition enter our factories with camera's in the 80's to steal our ideas only to take over the market sooner or later. This was starting in the late 70's to early 80's when the recessions first started hitting here. American jobs have been sent over seas ever since. I lost my job in '83, again in '84 and again in '85. I was going from sinking ship to sinking ship in the machine building industry and now its all gone. I worked only 3 months each year i was laid off. Our free trade system has torpedo'd our own country from being a world producer in everything from food to our industrial might. Right now there beating the import tax by assembling the imported parts into cars here too.

We as americans will soon only provide a service in this country like clean linen or chaning a roll of toilet paper. We will become a service oreinted country. The good jobs will be long gone. The trades will never come back as they once were, if they did who will teach the tricks of the trades in manufacturing? Even with CNC machines it still takes a human mind to program them.

Overall i hope we haven't hit a dead end yet but were really close to it. We have sold the soul of our great country for big profits and manufacturing from over seas.

Plus our inventing has fallin off track too. Our engineers are like little ducks all in a row and not being allowed to think or create new ideas. There forced to follow the leader and not to think out of the box. There all afraid to make a mistake. Did Edison do it on his very first try? We are losing what the american dream is all about.

I once lived in the middle of the american industrial might, were factories were once booming with steel mills, castiron mills, rolling mills, brass shops, machine tool building companies and it was all manufactured in the USA. Its all a ghost town now. The factories are now condo's or wholesale food places.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

grumpy
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 15522
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby grumpy » Sat May 29, 2010 12:11 pm

My son in law programs CNC machines and his job is shakey at best. Makes ya wonder. Maybe the joke about the collage grads being trained to say "you want fries with that" has a lot more truth to it than I'd like to think. Grump
David Dee Mock-Leonard

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Some days it's not worth chewing through the restraints

daddydip
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19320
eBay ID: 2001fltri
Tractors Owned: CC108
1948 farmall f cub
1955 farmall f cub
1955 international lo boy
1952 vai case
2005 236B Caterpillar
1999 TDI Jetta MK IV I like!
2008 H.D FLTRI

Postby daddydip » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:05 pm

This reminds of watching a special about youngstown ohio where they had the workers train the chinese on how their machines ran and then had to pack then up to be shipped over seas.after which they were all promptly hit with lay offs. it's a shame that the greed of the big business keeps most people blind and ignorant to the real plight of the working class. the addiction of oil keeps us with an oil driven food industry where most peoples food is shipped hundreds of miles before it reaches the consumer. our food is fertilized with junk that is oil based and left over from the industrial war complex which really isn't nutritious .instead of hanging on to the oil tit we should start working toward alternate energy and get in the for front of technology and put people back to work. not rhetoric by real actual action . as a whole this country needs to look to the future with a keen eye on the past because if we continue on schedule we will all be in a world of ####(crap).
One Life , One Love , A Love Supreme

The only thing new is untold history, Harry Truman

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Back in the early 80's I built and sent 5 bullard vertical lathes to China. One of them was 200,000lbs and was in crates with one part weighing 25tons. The chinese unpacked them at the docks and had no way to move these heavy pieces at the time so they rusted up. Talk about backward?

With the oil leak the politicians own stock in the oil companies too.

The fisherman and shrimpers are so screwed just like the rest of us sooner or later we will pay too. I been thinking the oil will come up the east coast next. Were all going to pay the price. Just let the gas prices go up now............. :roll: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I can't believe the CEO of BP says he hopes this is over soon so he gets his life back. The fisherman and the shrimpers will still have no life, ever :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I worry about the rest of the fragile gulf when a hurricane hits the oil spill too and the higher tides and waves drive the oil on to land. This is no joke there playing with because the risks are there with no sign of relief or plan insight. The russians had a leak this bad and they blew up a bomb along side the pipe to stop it below the surface. I guess the bomb squeezed the pipe and stopped the flow of oil.

As far as jobs, they say the stock market isn't real numbers. Since its falling again i got a really bad feeling about whats going to happen in the future. I'm buying extra can goods right now. My heart goes out to the jobless ones too for i been there many times in the past.

I change the channel when they show the pics of the wildlife soaked with crude, it just makes me sick.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”