This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Ignition Tumbler Change

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WestDeerPirate
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15044
Tractors Owned: 1970 International Cub Low Boy 154

Ignition Tumbler Change

Postby WestDeerPirate » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:48 pm

I have the replacement tumbler from the dealer with a new key and it looks like it is a pretty easy swap. Do you just remove the 1" ring that holds the tumbler into the dash and unplug the 3 wires or are they soldered in place? Is there anything else that i need to know?

I am assuming that you unplug the positive terminal on the battery, undo the 1" ring, remove the access panel on the right hand side of the tractor and access the wiring to the tumbler. Remove the wires and replace. Anything else?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Re: Ignition Tumbler Change

Postby Rudi » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Sounds reasonable to me. I looked quickly at the IH-38 1974 Edition Complete shop manual, but I didn't see much. Sorry, I do not have a BRSM for the Numbered Series yet :roll:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Wires could be screwed to the switch terminals or simply unplug. You will have to check.

Before you remove the old switch - check to see where each wire goes and the label them.

Most switches come with a wiring schematic. Be sure to look it over and determine where each wire goes.

WestDeerPirate
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15044
Tractors Owned: 1970 International Cub Low Boy 154

Postby WestDeerPirate » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:52 am

It was easy. THere was a 3 pin plug that attaches to the ignition tumber. Once I disconnected the battery, I removed the yellow access panel to the right of the dash. I then unclipped the wiring harness from the tumbler. Next, I loosened the 1" ring on the outside of the dash. Then I pushed back on the tumbler essentially removing it through the access panel. Then, it is a matter of replacing the new tumbler by lining up the U-brakcet with the hole in the dash and securing it in place with the 1" ring. Fired right up after I reconnected the battery.

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”