This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Headlight Question - Low Boy 154

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
WestDeerPirate
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15044
Tractors Owned: 1970 International Cub Low Boy 154

Headlight Question - Low Boy 154

Postby WestDeerPirate » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:09 am

I bought a 1970 Low Boy and I am trying to get it functional for the farm. One of the items that I need help with is the head lights.

There is one headlight installed. I don;t know if it works. It has a single wire soldered to the back of the light. Looking at the front of the tractor it is the left-hand side. The other one is missing. The ring is in place but the clamp that holds the light is missing as well.

How do I wire (2) new headlights back to the light switch on the dash?

Pictures of the back of the headlight bracket would help as well becuase I do not understand how to go about wiring in 2 new lamps. Also, I am going to need a headlight clamp.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Headlight Question - Low Boy 154

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:51 am

I believe the headlights should have 2 wires to them (1 hot, 1 ground). Connectors on the end of them plug together with short wires to your existing lamp. Another pair of wires should jump from that lamp (or the same connectors) to the other light. The Owner's Manual has some pretty good diagrams. If you don'thave the manual, look here:
http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Number%20Series%20Cubs/Cub-154%20Lo-Boy/index.html
Hamiltonbob, who posts here occasionally, sells some 154 parts and can probably supply your missing part.

WestDeerPirate
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WestDeerPirate » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:08 am

Thanks for the link.

The owners manual is good for a lot of things but it is less specific than I need it to be. I have 2 new headlights to install in a grill that has one headlight and no visible wiring other than a single wire that is soldered to the back of the existing lamp 12" long with a U-Shapped Connector on the end of it.

Does the wiring for the front lamps run off the voltage regulator? From the diagram I see Wire #16 going to the Voltage Regulator but I do not know how many wires each lamp gets, do they get wired together or seperately, etc.

A better diagram and a location for where the power source for the lamps is would be very useful.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:50 am

Well, lets see if we can help you out with that....

You can find the rest of the parts catalog here : TC-131 Parts Catalog Revision 8 Index. That should help some I would think.

As I mentioned, I don't have a lot of info on the numbered series cubs on the server, but there is a fair amount of information available.... from the Owner's Manual to the Parts Catalog and to Implement and Implement Part Catalogs. Best I can do since I don't own a Lo-Boy.. so don't get much access to Lo-Boy materials. When I get access I try to get scans done so I can add to the server.

Also, I did post the pointer text.... to your original thread in the Introduce Yourself forum. Much of this can be found via the pointer text which I have included here as well...:

Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server. Enjoy!.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

WestDeerPirate
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WestDeerPirate » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:56 am

Thanks Rudi!!

Lance Leitzel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45011
Tractors Owned: 1960 Loboy
1974 154 Loboy
1968 72 Cub Cadet

Postby Lance Leitzel » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Typically that wire is purple if you still have the original harness. On mine the wire goes from the right light (as viewed from the drivers seat) and then runs to the left one.

Lance
Ego diligo meus tracti.
(I love my tractors)

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”