This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Decals for Super A

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Decals for Super A

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:05 am

Wasn't the Purolator filter an optional item that probably is not on most Super As
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Gerry Powell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 78736
Tractors Owned: two 1948 Cubs
1951 Super A
Kubota L2350

Postby Gerry Powell » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:16 am

I don't know, did the purolator filter fit in the canister like the conventional filter, maybe it used the tall canister that I've seen? I've seen a picture of a SA with a screw on filter. I wonder if there was an adapter sold to use a screw on. I used to have a 1963 Ford pickup that had a canister filter like the SA and I bought an adapter to convert it to a screw on. Much easier.
Gerry

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Super A » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:13 am

On the Purolator filter, wasn't the early filter elements made by Purolator for IH? Anyway, I used the Purolator decal on my Super A. It fit fine. I am not 100% sure if it is correct or not. I think it would've been for at least most of the straight Farmall A's prior to the Super A, if you look in some of the literature you'll occasionally see a Super A with this decal, but it could very well have been a re-touched photo of an earlier Farmall A.

I need to go back and look in the Originality Guide. If the oil filter decal has a higher prefix than R1, it would at least indicate a change of some sort.

I liked the look of the Purolator decal so I used it. That, and the free tall gas cap were the two biggest "creative licenses" I took advantage of on my tractor.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:28 am

I usually don't comment on "best decal set" questions bcause everybody has their own idea of what "best" is. Since this thread seems to have turned to the question of accuracy of appearance/content I'll comment. The set pointed to on eBay had several problems on accuracy. Super A serial number 305628 would have had the culti-vision decals. That caution decal never appeared until way after the Super A was built. It should have had a smaller less wordy decal. The Purolator decal was used on earlier tractors, probably a time when Purolator was a single source supplier of elements to IH. The Super A oil filter decal was about the same size as the air cleaner decal. The shift pattern and oil level decals were never used on the tractor. The hydraulic warning decal is missing. At casual look, the fonts don't look right on hardly anything.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”