This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

5 weeks and counting

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

5 weeks and counting

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:37 pm

Just looked at the calendar and realized that it's only 5 weeks til the Cub Tug. So far I have one request for shop time which involves multiple small tasks. If anyone has need for shop time and wants to schedule it please let me know.
In addition this year we have some volunteers for some troubleshooting / maintenance demonstrations. EJ Puckett and Eugene will be doing some demos on using some older diagnostic equipment and also using vacuum readings as a troubleshooting tool.
As usual, I expect a lot of those who are traveling a fair distance to arrive on Thursday. If you have not looked at the cub tug website you should note that Lildog will be cooking up some pizzas either on the grill or in the smoker Thursday evening. If you arrive early enough Thursday and want to do some shop work we plan to be ready for you. If you arrive later Thursday and want to drop your trailer off to avoid congestion at your motel then come join us Thursday evening for some social time and good pizza.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Re: 5 weeks and counting

Postby Mr E » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Reservations made. Appetite is always ready. We'll see if John's cooking skills are as good as always. :lol:
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:21 pm

I will be doing a seminar on troubleshooting charging problems and doing the usual carburator things. In addition if anyone would like I will bring along the tools for resurfacing valve seats. Meaning if anyone wants to do a valve job the tool will be there and I will give you a hand. To do it correctly you will need the following from TM or another source.
1 EN1028 or if you want to reuse your springs etc just order 4 exhaust and 4 intake valves
1 Head gasket
1 Valve tapet cover gasket

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Hey there Bigdog! Thanks for posting.

I will be there on Thursday either late afternoon or early evening. I am so psyched as it is the first time I will get to see several of the folks that I met for the first time at Cubfest when I got Merlin! No tractor with me this time as I will be flying in to Columbus. I LOVE SHOP TIME and am down to help with just about any possible troubleshooting that comes up. Looking forward to helping folks with their tractors!!!

I hope someone will let me use their hot rod...er...um...cub to pull at the tug... 'Twouldn't be as much fun if I couldn't pull!!

Just a reminder that the George Willer Award team has been hard at work putting the finishing touches on the 2010 award for the winner that the forum nominated during the Winter and we can't wait to give the award to the winner!!!!!

So looking forward to this fest and tug!!!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

John C
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30152
Tractors Owned: 1948, 1949, 1953, 1961 Cubs
1941 Minneapolis Moline
1939 John Deere H
1986 IMT 539
Multiple Ford 8Ns that aren't any good

Postby John C » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:43 pm

I plan to arrive Thursday afternoon after work. No Cub; just a rental car. :(
"If every day were a holiday, sport would soon become chore"

Dusty B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61736
Tractors Owned: '45 SC Case

Postby Dusty B » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:02 pm

Janas & I plan to be there Thurs. - way things are going may still be workin g on hydraulic unit! s l o w going! Dusty B
Grandpa's '41 B
'56,,'57,'59, Cu'b
'45 C
'55 Case S
Dad's DB garden tractor
'48 DeSoto
'31 "A Coup
'79 Lincoln TC
God looks out for those of us who don't know how to look out for ourselves!

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48174
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub (iCub)

Postby aftermac » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:30 pm

I plan on arriving sometime on Thursday... not sure when, probably sometime in the afternoon. My wife and I will be camping in our tent. We're coming from just outside of Detroit, so I figure it will probably take about 4 hours to get to the Tug. I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone!

I'll be bringing my 1950 Cub, which I'd like to request some shop time for. The carb and/or governor are having some issues:

1) When fully advancing the throttle, sometimes the engine revs higher than other times. Disconnecting the governor linkage and operating the carb manually, the engine responds consistently.

2) The carb is leaking fuel from the gasket when the engine is off, I'll shut the fuel off when I turn the tractor off, but everything in the line soaks the gasket and leaks out. To avoid this, to turn the tractor off, I've been shutting the fuel off and letting the tractor stall out - obviously, not the preferred method. :)

3) There is a plug on the carb side of the engine that leaks oil. I'm not brave enough to mess with it.

4) I guess I'd like some thoughts on the tractor. It's pretty much been neglected over the years. :)

I'm also suspicious of various seals being bad. I just drained and refilled the transmission fluid. It was overfilled, due probably to water, so I want to make sure that's not why the rear seal was leaking.

There might be a couple other things that I'd like to get an expert opinion on, but I can't think of them right now.

I'd also like to know if there is anything I should bring for working on the tractor?

Is there anything we can bring to the Tug in general, to contribute?

In general, I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible! :D
Jason

perry cub loboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43062

Postby perry cub loboy » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:57 pm

BIGDOG WHAT TYPE CARBURETOR WORK WILL BE GOING ON i BOUGHT A KIT FROM T S C WORSE OFF NOW THAN BEFORE ALREADY RESERVED MY ROOM CAN.T WHAT TO MEET EVERYBODY

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:05 pm

perry cub loboy wrote:BIGDOG WHAT TYPE CARBURETOR WORK WILL BE GOING ON i BOUGHT A KIT FROM T S C WORSE OFF NOW THAN BEFORE ALREADY RESERVED MY ROOM CAN.T WHAT TO MEET EVERYBODY

Perry, there will be all types of carb work going on. My advice is to forget the TSC carb kit. They are not good ones. Spend the extra bucks and get the $40.00 or so one from TM. You will be way ahead of the game with them.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:02 am

WisconsinCubMan wrote:Hey there Bigdog! Thanks for posting.

I will be there on Thursday either late afternoon or early evening. I am so psyched as it is the first time I will get to see several of the folks that I met for the first time at Cubfest when I got Merlin! No tractor with me this time as I will be flying in to Columbus. I LOVE SHOP TIME and am down to help with just about any possible troubleshooting that comes up. Looking forward to helping folks with their tractors!!!

I hope someone will let me use their hot rod...er...um...cub to pull at the tug... 'Twouldn't be as much fun if I couldn't pull!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Mike ole buddy, were talking the one and only CUB TUG here.
I did a little searching through the atlas tonight running west across the Mason Dixon to the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers and it seems you've fallen in that Ahaaa Northern Sector. I've looked all around and this is the best I can do for ya this year.
Since it's a diesel you'll probably have to pull in the exhibition class with Gary Dotson, he might spot you a few feet since it's green.... :lol: :wink:

Looking forward to having a good time with great friends. :||): :{_}:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

dakcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93313

Postby dakcub » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:57 am

That looks like a very good offer Mike....I'd jump on it....LOL
Robert (needed to smile at 0100 hrs)

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:58 am

aftermac wrote:I'd also like to know if there is anything I should bring for working on the tractor?

Is there anything we can bring to the Tug in general, to contribute?

In general, I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible! :D

Aftermac - I suggest that you bring whatever parts you think you will need for your tractor.
As far as in general - most of the meals are pot luck or carry-in type meals. Or, if you wish, there will be a donation jar where you can make a monetary donation to help defray expenses. Once you attend a cub fest you quickly learn how things work. Ask anyone who has hosted an event and they will tell you that most folks are more than happy to help out in any way that they can.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Larry G
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 46163
Tractors Owned: 1957 Farmall Cub
1963 Farmall Cub
193 Plow
54A Blade

Postby Larry G » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:12 am

Cindy and I will be there sometime Friday morning. Jeff is bringing my white shade so it can be set up early. Looking forward to being there.

Larry

bear32055
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62258
Tractors Owned: 3-1955 FCubs serial numbers 191155,191156 and 191158
1958 fcub

Postby bear32055 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:03 am

Count me in.Poor Cecil did such a good job on Laneys carb at Hog Waller that im bringing him the carb off of Louie.The better the job you do the more work you get.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:16 am

Eugene and I plan to arrive late Wednesday so we can rest up and help out Thursday, etc. See you then.

P.S. we will have a 10x10 shade with us.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”