This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

127 Rebuild 4

IHC Cub Cadet Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Cadet related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

127 Rebuild 4

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:15 pm

Paul and everybody else: I got the motor back from the machine shop. They did an outstanding job. Here is a partial list of what all they did; new 0.010 over piston, rings, connecting rod, and 0.010 under bearing, turned crank, new valve seats cut, new valves and springs, new points, condensor and new gov. weights. While there, I picked up my new wiring harness. Paul, thanks for the tip to get it at the CC dealer. It is fantastic. It looks like the connections will be a snap to put in. My question right now is this, is it best to start at the front of the tractor and wire toward the dash or the other way? Should I get the harness all hooked up before I put the engine in? Looks like I am going to be sanding and painting this weekend! I am having so much fun. She should be ready for another 30 years of mowing!

S.H.A.F.T.
"Son, you can do it right, or you can do it again."

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Paul B » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:50 pm

Sounds like they did a thorough job. It doesn't have a rod bearing, the bearing surface is part of the rod, they just put a .010 under rod in it.
As for the wiring harness, start at the dash, and hook it all up before you put the engine in. It is also easier to run the harness along the right frame rail and up to the headlight/voltage regulator area before installing the engine. the only connections you will have on the engine are the three wires to the starter/generator and the the wire to the coil, and maybe the ground wire from the battery, I don't remember where it connects on your model tractor.

S.H.A.F.T.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby S.H.A.F.T. » Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:25 am

I almost forgot, they also put in a new bearing for the PTO and the part that connects to the drive shaft. It had been wallowed out just like you predicted. Also, the screen that goes on there to keep out chaff had always been missing and is now replaced too. I sure am glad for excellent product support from CC and Kohler.

Thanks and I will keep posting as progress is made.

S.H.A.F.T.
"Son, you can do it right, or you can do it again."

Return to “Cub Cadet”